Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#217947 - 02/10/04 10:59 PM New divers
TravelMom Offline
We will be in CC for Christmas 2004 with our 13 year old son. If possible we may get dive certified this summer, but otherwise we will do a resort dive or two while in Caye Caulker. Who do you all recommend as the best dive shop for brand new divers, especially in working with a young teen?
Thank you!
-Brenda

#217948 - 02/11/04 06:44 AM Re: New divers
Cookie Offline
Paradise Down. Hands down. Certified with them three years ago with a family of two teens. Great, serious safe instructors. Wonderful boat. very safe. Fun folks and the instructors take the time to point out all the wonders that a new diver might miss.

No question!

#217949 - 02/11/04 04:35 PM Re: New divers
TravelMom Offline
That was exactly what I was looking for, Cookie. Thank you.

#217950 - 02/12/04 02:58 AM Re: New divers
Anonymous
would go paradise down too... great instructors...

#217951 - 02/12/04 06:36 AM Re: New divers
Anonymous
No idea about Paradise Down but....As a newbie myself, I have to say Belize Diving Services. The dive shop is a bit off the beaten path (ie: less tourists), the owners are right there on site and are *very* concerned that you have a good dive experience.

As well, the other dive shops take you out ont he local reef for your dives whereas BDS will take you wherever they happen to be going so you may end up doing you Open Water dives at Turneffe, Long Caye, Hol Chan, etc etc.....

Lastly, I was a very nervious newbie and the people at BDS went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable, well taken care of, and OK with what they were asking me to do.

They are worth a visit and in my opinion, worth at least a visit.

#217952 - 02/12/04 04:44 PM Re: New divers
TravelMom Offline
Thanks to you all for your advice. That first dive experience is so important. My first resort dive, I had a very rude, abrupt dive instructor, who gave me rapid fire instructions in hard to understand english & then started dragging me underwater. I was terrified. I quit after about 15 mins. He became very impatient when I told him I didn't understand him, so therefore didn't know what to do. No way am I putting my son through that. It sounds like both of these places you guys recommend are kind, patient and experienced. Just what I'm looking for!
Thanks.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day