Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#218757 02/01/05 11:32 AM
A
OP Offline
A
If anyone, especially our Lobsterfest Committee members, know the dates of this year's Lobsterfest, please post it to the message board.

Prospective visitors are asking so they can plan their visits to be here for the festival.

Last year the dates were not announced until only two or three weeks before the festival. Is it possible that the dates could be confirmed a little sooner this year?

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
L
L
Hi Wendy, the CC Marketing Comm is trying to get an exact date for the Lobster Fest or that matter if there is going to be one. As soon as we get a date from the Lobster Comm we will put it on the CC Website and other sites.

thanks for asking [Linked Image]

CCMC

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We're arriving in late February for a week and I saw posted somewhere that lobster season closes shortly before we arrive. Can someone tell me. . .Will we still be able to find places that serve it? I really do hope so.

If there are any CC restaurant owners reading this board, or anyone that knows a few, please stash a few (freeze) until we get there on the 23rd.

Thx!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
you are asking someone to risk getting a large fine and possibly lose their business lisense. try the conch instead.

M
M
Although this "Get Real" post is very accurate, it could have been said more tactfully. Perhaps thinking about empathizing with one's situation would help achieve this goal.

Yes, the Lobster season does close in February. Unfortunately, being caught with lobsters out of season can result in substantial fines to the person/establishment.

As was suggested, you may certainly want to try the conch. It is a great "substitute".

L
L
I just found this message board and was very dissapointed to read that no date had been chosen for Lobsterfest 2005 and/or that there may not be one! I went for the first time last year and was trying to organize a larger group to go this year. Can we just say it is going to be the first weekend in July, like it was last year b/c I have already booked airfare for July 1-5 and I am working on a whole new lobster outfit! I know any time in CC is not wasted, but I really wanted to hit Lobsterfest. By the way, can I get on the CC Marketing Committee b/c I think we need to pick the date and start promoting it, so people like Wendy,Wayne,and Amanda can start booking some rooms, I will make some t-shirts/koozies/lobster paraphenalia, and we will be good to go...What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Lobster King (edited 02-11-2005).]

L
L
Still waiting to hear something on the Lobsterfest date and whether I can be on the CC Marketing Committee. Also, I think you should consider having a Lobster King crowned(write-in vote is better since you do not want see guys in a bathing suit and/or talent contest),so there can be no claims of sexual discrimination.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ever try the red snapper? you might never go back.

L
L
I have been reading a lot of the postings on this board and I find it strange that on the one hand people say it is hard to make a go of things from a business perspective on CC and they ask you to support the local businesses,but then on the other hand there are people like me that want to come down there and spend some money, bring some friends, and pump up the local economy, however, no one will make a decision on when Lobsterfest is going to take place, which is one of the few events that CC has on an annual basis to draw visitors in. I really do not care and I am coming the first weekend in July regardless, but you might want to try helping yourselves out a little bit by not keeping the date of one of your biggest events for the year a secret.Like Wendy said in the original posting, last year the date was not announced until a couple of weeks before it was to take place. Pura vida and go slow!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
caye caulker is an event itself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day