Forgive me, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to reply to threads! You got some good replies to your inital query tho.

You also gotta take into account taxes are going up, foreign work permits are bank, the gov't is a mess, and some imported goods (even basic stuff) may be hard to come by or not available at all. Even if you can find things the prices will suck. You're better off bringing surplus from the States.

Medical care in Belize is dreadful. Most people who can afford it go to Merida, Mexico or folks from the US go back to Miami for check-ups and treatment. Something to consider for your wife.

I'm also not too keen on gobs of expats coming in and snatching up land and resources from the people, but they have the money, most Belizeans do not.

You might want to try it for 6 months, with a stipend your family can survive on.

Caulker is a lovely place with super cool people, but you gotta be down for the lifestyle challenges and have the money to make a go of it. I'm not even talking about the sand flies, which are brutal especially at sunset. OFF! alone is not gonna cut it against them. B12 and DEET my friend.