Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Anyone knows the exact dates for the proposed 'art festival & wine tasting' even planned for MAY 2005 in Caye Caulker?

There is a lot of mention about the Lobster Fest, which is in early July. But this other event is much sooner and we haven't had any 'official' date announcement yet.

Please inform - this is a good promo for the otherwise slow month of MAY.

Peach on the Beach

C
C
Hi Peach, the dates are May 6-9. More information posted soon!

A
A
Will there be berries wine, cashew wine and sorrell wine at the wine tasting? These are all fabulously locally made wines.

Cheers,
Wendy

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
C
C
ARTISTS, CHEFS AND TASTERS - SAVE THIS DATE!

Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest
Mother's Day Weekend May 6-8, 2005 at the Basketball Court and beachfront.

Friday - 8 p.m. Artist reception and wine tasting sponsored by the Caye Caulker Business Association. Tickets will be on sale. Meet and greet the participating artists.

Saturday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Art Festival and Food Competition, You be the judge! Tasters wanted! Tasters will be charged $5 bzd per category and given a colored plate and a matching colored ballot. They will go to the dessert, salad, entrée or misc. food station, get their corresponding food samples and taste away, then drop their vote in the ballot box. At the end of the fest, the votes are counted and prizes will be awarded to the winning chefs. Plates will be color coded, like pink for dessert, green for salad, red for entrée and white for misc. The tastefest competition is open to anyone who loves to cook: individuals, restaurants, chefs and resorts. Recipes will be published in the Caye Caulker Cool cookbook.

Sunday - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Art Festival and BBQ

For more information contact: Lee Vanderwalker-Kroll at 206-0206 or Irene Miller at 226-0208

Added note: this is the same weekend that the Caye Caulker Village Council sponsors their big Mother's Day dinner at the Village Palapas, honoring all the mothers of Caye Caulker. A busy and festive weekend for all.

C
C
Email contacts for more information:
Lee Vanderwalker-Kroll [email protected]
Irene Miller [email protected]

P.S. good idea about the local wines

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
What are the details for participating artists?

Is there an entrance fee?

Will they need to pay a commission if they sell a painting?

Is it by invitation only?

Any other information they need to know?

A
A
Geez, guys! I gained ten pounds over the Easter weekend alone and sit here thinking how in heaven's name I could ever take it all off and now you come and tempt me again with thoughts of great food?

Where do I sign up to be a judge taster again? :-)

Cheers,
Wendy

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Cyber,

Still waiting for you to fullfill on the the promise 'more info posted soon'...

Gots me an artist girlfriend down South and would love to give her an excuse to visit.

Do see any mention of the festival on the CCMC website either.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
okay, fine this is the first time these girls are pulling this off! Perhaps you might want to ask the lazy asses on the island to help with this project. yes! May is a slowest season but the last time I checked it was not about berries wine or cashew wine as the last Lobster Fest committee felt that C.C. was not giving bsck for all the rooms being filled for 3 nights. Actually rhey are still planning on cancelling the festival. Maybe the A*******'s wouls want to step up to the plate. Wendy? Diane? and Tina?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Things that make you go hmmmm.......Caye Caulker! As long as it does not affect me I don't worry about it! As long as it affect my beach and my office and my sign I worry about it! The Auxillour sister! Bill Hemmer reporting for CNN in Caye Caulker

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day