Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#219527 07/06/05 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Lobster King Liar If you were at the split you would know that we never lost electric at all, but the palapa's where the lobster fest was being held did.I want to thank everyone for there lies and negative comments on this board. We had the best money making weekend ever. Big Fat George, Laughing all the way to the bank!!

#219528 07/06/05 02:43 PM
A
A
I think Big George and the Lazy Lizard Bar have unjustly received a bad rap on this thread. No where on the first message to the thread did the poster say that Big George or any of his employees was shooting stray dogs. Everyone is ASSUMING this is what was said and all should apologize to Big George.

I, for one, think Big George is a dynamite guy who contributes quite a lot of $$ to many island projects.

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
#219529 07/06/05 10:27 PM
L
L
Well, I guess after the lobster Fest wkend not only animals were being shot out at the Split but people two. I understand several shots went off in the split area. Maybe G really should have his liquor license revoked! After this, expect to be picking up dead people!

Congrats to all the individuals who made this years Lobster Fest a success especial Mr. Humes!

I understand from my first reading that it clearly states were all the commotion happened! Nobody should apology to George, maybe George should just go sit under a coconut tree since he came to CC to retire not to make money. Maybe he should donate all his money to other organizations other than D SCHOOL! His response clearly states his selfishness and greed!
[This message has been edited by local butterfly (edited 07-07-2005).]

[This message has been edited by local butterfly (edited 07-07-2005).]

#219530 07/07/05 09:05 AM
A
A
Local butterfly, your messages are a lot of assumptions and no facts. You lose a lot of credibility that way, unfortunately, and you come across like a bundle of "sour grapes". Lighten up.

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
#219531 07/11/05 12:54 AM
L
L
I can clearly recall someone congratulating the girls for running a board, and I do to. When I post a reply it is not in "character assasnation, slander or to neutralize the competiton", it is simply an up and coming strong minded youth voicing a position!
And maybe a few people can stop encouraging the narrow mindedness, CC would be Heaven then!

#219532 07/13/05 02:51 PM
S
S
If what I'm hearing is true, maybe The Split Staff could take donations for spaying and neutering...that is the main problem I've seen on my visits to CC. Actually I've witnessed many kindnesses toward dogs and owners who keep theirs on leashes...that's the best scenerio...the worst I've seen is simple ignorance and neglect. If I find out this is true, I won't visit The Lazy Lizard again...and I'll spread the word.

#219533 07/20/05 08:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
How about the Village Council or some other Animal Lover on this board solving the island's over population of stray dogs (and cats).

I run a business here and there is a constant flow of stray dogs at my place, dropping their fleas and huge 'garapatas'; it is disgusting. The dogs and cats are even in restaurants.

Personally I've had enough of them and would like to see the stray dog / cat problem on the island solved.

Okay, so maybe shooting them with pellets isn't the answer. In the old days, they used to put them in a crokus sack and drop them off on Northern Caye Caulker. If they survived and made it back to the village they lived, otherwise they died...

I don't think that is the humane thing to do either. I am just pointing out that this is an aged old problem.

People who own dogs - keep them at home!

Culturally we are different. All the animal lovers / visitors tend to tend to their pets like children. They will by-pass a starving child, but not an animal (like an earlier post by someone who thought people were worst than animals).

You have people who are pro-animal and others are pro-humans. The pro-animal group can form a society or kennel or adoption for strays or whatever for the animals they love so much. GET THEM OFF THE ISLAND!

Me, I have enough children of my own and there are way too many straving children out there for me to give a hoot about animals, but it does not mean that I will be cruel to them. They are just not a priority for me. Still, I have seen guests buy these animals steak and feed them at my place and I feel sorry for all the starving families who would have done better with that food. Stray dogs can eat the left overs disposed of by restaurants and families AFTER the HUMANS have eaten!

The fact that guests feed the animals also mean that the animals will stay or return expecting to be feed even more, but other guests may no feel the same about the strays. It is a big problem. In fact, some guests are actually alergic to animals (cats) and cannot stay at places that have had animals there. Plus the dogs turn over the trash and make even more mess.

Like I said, it is a matter of priorities. Animal lovers, solve CC's stray animal population please, or the animal un-sympathetic will.

We can't all just go and incur $10K worth of expense to fence our yards to keep the stray dog population OUT! Fencing won't only keep the dogs out, it will keep the guests / business out too.

#219534 07/20/05 09:00 AM
C
C
there absolutely has to be some other recourse than shooting the strays! however, it does really gross me out when we're enjoying a great dinner at ANY one of the wonderful outdoor restaurants on CC & some mangy animal (cat or dog) brushes up against my legs & won't leave me alone. & it is sooo irritating to see the people at the next table feeding it or acting sooo excited to be dining with a mangy stray! I have nothing against cats & dogs, I feel the same way about dining with roosters or iguanas!

#219535 07/21/05 02:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
My sentiments exactly!

#219536 07/22/05 06:30 PM
S
S
Reading this thing has given me a few good laughs!
It's unbeleivable that people live here and conduct themselves in barbic manners on this island but I guess that is expected whem ignorance is bliss.
But for those who have gotten into name calling, rumours and speculation of this issue should ease down a little.
The only person who is truly laughing is G man and his employees. You know how much business this has drawn up for him?
Who cares if who(m) or what is doing with his money as WE are the ones who entertain it. Is there anyone putting a gun or knife to your body and directing to the split to buy a drink or socialize? I don't think so.
Yes , there is something being done about the dog and cat population.There is a clinic run out here at the Belize Diving every few months or so to have local animals fixed. It is adverise on this island a week before the vet is schdeule to come.
Why don't ppl get there facts straight before they flap their mouths with negativity.

[This message has been edited by starfish (edited 07-22-2005).]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day