Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#21959 - 07/23/00 07:06 PM Narrowing down tit down to three
Marvel Offline
Ok, the Agape House looks good and is very favorable. Out of the way,available and close to water. Sunbreeze possible but motel like and we would like full kitchen to cook all those fish.
Anyone with comments about Paradise Villas? They look good. Close to Town,etc.but we do not really know how they really are in regard to staying there. Or does anyone have suggestions on anyother places with full kitchens condo style.
Thanks, we'd like to narrow it down so we can place reservations.

#21960 - 07/23/00 09:50 PM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
Chloe Offline
Marvel, you do not have to cook, unless you just thoroughly enjoy doing so. The Ambergris Delight restaurant I think on Middle street will cook your fish for you for a small charge. The Reef Restaurant on middle street, you can have dinner for $3.50
US$ plus price of beverage. Many very good inexspensive restaurant. The Most we paid was $17.00 US$ at Fido's for excellent Lobster dinners. Lobster at the Reef Rest. was two lobster tails for $17.00US.

#21961 - 07/23/00 10:20 PM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
Marvel Offline
Boy, that Lobster sounds soooooo Great!!
Yes, we both love to cook. But really the reason is we don't like to go out everytime we want to eat. Or drink, that rum! We like to have more than just a room and a frig. Plus the other half is an avid fisherman and likes to prepare the fish himself. We are aware of being able too have our (his) catch prepared and will do that too. Thanks for the info.

#21962 - 07/24/00 03:59 AM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
CHOOCHOO Offline
Try Coral Bay Villas. (I promised that I wouldn't do this). No pool but very nice, small and the rates will be right this time of year. We may be down in a week or two to fill in as "management". All we do is cook, cook that fish, while "she who must be obeyed" dives.

Banana Bay also has the full condo thing as well as a pool. Tim would love to have the business in August.

My personal opinion (remember this is MY opinion)..don't do Paradise.

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 07-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 07-23-2000).]

#21963 - 07/24/00 04:16 AM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
Wendy Offline
Seriously consider Belezian Reef. VERY nice, small, good rates, close to town. Have a look see....

#21964 - 07/24/00 08:13 PM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
Marvel Offline
Thanks Wendy and ChooChoo!
We will check out the sites. Cook that fish! Looking forward to all the great food. Get the hot stuff ready and the beer for the loved one. I'll take the rum and the less hot stuff.

#21965 - 07/24/00 08:42 PM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
Debbie Offline
Marvel,
My family and I stayed at Paradise Villas and were delighted with it. The pool was very nice, the location was just perfect, quiet and just a quick walk along the beach to Fido's. The kitchen was fully equipped with coffee maker, blender, pots, pans, dishes etc. My husband LOVED getting up early and making his coffee, then headed down to the Paradise villas dock and watch the sun rise. It was his constitutional while he was there. They also have a BBQ pit available. Just ask and they will deliver it right to your private patio. It was wonderful. We grilled all the yellow tail snapper we caught. We didn't cook all the time, but we asked around for some local recipes and had great fun learning new seafood dishes. Chloe is right. The Ambergris Delight will cook your catch. We took ours and they prepared it 4 different ways for us for only $15. There was 4 of us and we couldn't eat it all. You can order the island rice and beans and other sides "a la carte". The Paradise Villas were clean, had AC and if you ask, the girl that runs it, Marki, will have soda and Belikin beer in the fridge chilling for your arrival. She's wonderful. Helped choose our tours and even got us a doctor when my son got sick. They have laundry service as well, so you can pack VERY light. We loved it. Debbie

#21966 - 07/27/00 01:21 AM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
oldgator Offline
The Chef at the SunBreeze will cook your catch for you anyway you want it and serve it up with all the trimmings.

#21967 - 08/10/00 03:28 AM Re: Narrowing down tit down to three
Karen Pasquariello Offline
Caribbean Villas also has suites with kitchen, a very nice place. I would suggest checking it out.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.