Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#219787 - 10/11/05 06:53 PM Bathrooms
cutrat Offline
When we went to Caye Caulker in January we had to pay to use the bathrooms. Does anyone know if there is a bathroom at the split and does it cost? we have three children so using the bathroom happens alot.

#219788 - 10/12/05 05:42 PM Re: Bathrooms
Anonymous
If your a customer no charge to use bathrooms

#219789 - 10/13/05 04:21 AM Re: Bathrooms
Anonymous
I was born and raised in CC, and I spent many days in or near the water. Consequently, I too had times when I needed the bathroom. However, I never would give up the sheer beauty of being in the water just to go ashore to use a bathroom.

If I needed to "take a leak", well...I just let it rip in the water. I don't think you would disagree with me on that.

If I needed to "take a crap", well...I would just swim into an area where I was mostly alone, let my swim trunks down, and let it rip. No need to worry about wiping...the water did the job.

Oh...but I forgot...I'm a native islander. This is how we managed. Of course, in today's modern society one would not dare think about such "primitive" lifestyle, especially when there is the luxury/comfort of a toilet that WASTES a few gallons of water with each flush.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Let it Rip!

#219790 - 10/13/05 06:16 PM Re: Bathrooms
skubakat Offline
Great advice Baan-Ya....that's one way to discourage tourists from visiting! Once people started getting e-coli related illnesses, or giardia, CC will become one of those places where people won't want to even snorkel at, fearing water getting into their mouths. Yuck....please keep that type of insight to yourself. I'd rather not know, if ya know what I mean...No brown trout for me, thank you very much...

#219791 - 10/13/05 06:18 PM Re: Bathrooms
cutrat Offline
Thanks for the advice. Can any one tell me more about the split, are there bathrooms, restaurants? Do you think that little children would like it? Can they play in shallow water? Also does anyone know more about the water taxi's that would come from where the cruise ships dock? (Can we walk from where the tender drops us off, cost etc...?) Thanks for any help anyone can give!!

#219792 - 10/13/05 10:51 PM Re: Bathrooms
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
Yes the Lasy Lizard has bathrooms. I'm not sure if it is serving food now or not. A couple of great places for lunch are the Rainbow Grill and the Sandbox. The swimming is the best at the split, although if the kids are real little, there's no real beach for them to crawl around. Its about 1/2 mile walk from the main peir to the split.
--Lee

#219793 - 10/14/05 03:32 AM Re: Bathrooms
Cowboy Offline
cutrat...

I never reply to these kinds of posts, or write here very much at all. But its cute how you're worried about taking your family to the split...

Take your kids to the spit... they'll play in the shallow water, and use the bathroom, and everything will be alright. Lee's made good suggestions for lunch.

Its an easy walk from the tender's dock, to the water taxi. Just make a left. Keep an eye out for a guy with a giant snake around his neck. He's not a kook, he's a scientist, called Smits. Stop and talk with him.... he'll even let your kids hold the snake, if they want to. My grandparents' friends took their family on a cruise to Belize, and all the kids could talk about was Smits and his snakes (one little girl was enhtralled, and the other was terrified)

water taxi rates & schedule are at www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com . If one of the kids is to small to handle the half mile walk to split, once you reach caye, you can get a ride for maybe $3.

If I see a family with three kids by the split in January, I'll say hi, in case its you.

#219794 - 10/14/05 06:01 AM Re: Bathrooms
falcos Offline
skubakat
The water is full of fish, fish crap.
Read about litoral drift, ocean currents, your not in a lake. Nothin but the beautiful Carribean with islands set like jewels upon the sea.
See you soon

#219795 - 10/14/05 06:24 PM Re: Bathrooms
cutrat Offline
Thanks for all your help, now my husband and I just need to decide if were going to caye caulker or doing something else in Belize. But thanks again!!!

#219796 - 10/18/05 05:07 AM Re: Bathrooms
Anonymous
cutrat: Do yourself and family a favor go to Ambergris - more civilized - give CC another 10 years to "mature". Rykat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (lomckenna, Marty), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,023 Topics
462,214 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day