Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Topic Options
#220353 - 02/05/06 10:46 PM Happy Birthday Bob Marley!
Auxillou Beach Suites Offline
Today is the birth date of two famous people, Bob Marley and my daughter Giselle. Happy Birthday to you both!

Bob Marley tribute concert set for Sunday
This weekend, local reggae fans will gather at the B.T.L. Park on the Barracks for the first annual Bob Marley tribute concert. According to organiser Joel Robinson, on Sunday local artists will be performing a wide range of Bob's songs on stage. Robinson says the idea is to give entertainers a chance to emulate a legend while promoting a peaceful revolution.

Joel Robinson, Organizer, Bob Marley Tribute
”I ask people fu just come and enjoy themselves with peace, because the reason I di do this da fu mek peace and fu mek artists, especially the young Belizean artists them see how Bob sing his music and how he deal with his music, you understand.”

“I find out through fi he music and listening to he, humble me a lot. So even if I get angry, I would come home and play the music and that just settle me. This da what I want take out deh, mek people listen. Radio play some Bob, but da Bob weh yuh hear everyday, but there is so much other music weh Bob do. That’s why I get Kwame Scott and some of the biggest deejay artists fu shub the music mek people hear how much music Bob have out there; the message inna the music. That’s why I di ask the local artists, there’s no problem fu unu come out and come support the show, but this da noh one thing fi seh like no special artist wah come mash up the show, this da Bob Marley ... So I deh ask Sons of Negroes, Ganzie, Indio, any of them come out, come pan stage and just do unu Bob mek we keep it that way deh.”

According to Robinson, the concert is slated to begin at six p.m. and run until early Monday, which is Bob Marley's birthday. We understand tonight that other tribute concerts are also in the works for musicians including reggae artist Denis Brown and local legend Wilfred Peters.
Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize

#220354 - 02/05/06 11:43 PM Re: Happy Birthday Bob Marley!
I lived in Jamaica right down the road from Marley in the 70's. He commanded so much respect from the Jamaicans that local people took on themselves to direct tourists away from his house.At election time he held a no music speech in Savanna La Mar to state his support for one of the candidates for Prime Minister. The man himself had previously scheduled a election rally in Sheffield about 5 miles away at the same time. About ten people showed to hear the candidate speak. About a zillion Jamaicans went to hear what Marley had to say instead. The candidate won by a landslide. Marley was for real, a serious man of the people, and the world ain't gonna forget him anytime soon.

#220355 - 02/05/06 11:45 PM Re: Happy Birthday Bob Marley!
Almost forgot the most important part -Happy Birthday Giselle!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (tazh2o, Sailorgirl, KathyA, Pokey, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,225 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day