Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Can anyone tell me which builing in the city nesr the swing bridge is The Pazlo Building? I have been commisioned to do a painting. by a Belizean lady that left the country as a child and has not returned in 20 years. She lives in California. This is the info she gave me;
As a child she used to go to the Pazlo Building with her mother. They would carry large baskets to get fish and buy fruit. The streets were lined with wemon selling fruits and it was a very busy exciting place to her.
So if anyone can remember back then and have any further info, a photograph would be wonderful. I would love to hear from you.
Thanks Debbie

C
C
Check the museum at the Marine Terminal, lots of old photos there.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Where have you been living the passlow building burnt down years ago.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
To Reporter, Exactly why I am asking for information!!! As I dont know about the City 20 years ago , please read topic again, perhaps a little slower this time.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
It was only about 2 years ago when it burnt not 20 Do you smoke a lot

C
C
I didn't remember which building it was either, even though I recognized the name I couldn't place the building. Now I remember, it was the building that housed the post office, which is now a parking lot across from the marine Terminal in Belize City. A fire started in the 3rd floor storage area where they kept the records for Supreme Court cases. http://www.caribbeanartform.com/Preview%20Pages/paslowbig.htm

[This message has been edited by Cybercayecaulker.com (edited 03-12-2006).]

C
C
To The Reporter, You seem not to have much reading skills, I was asking for help regarding this building. Thank you for the proper spelling, but you only seem full of spite. I suppose if this building burnt down 2 years ago, THEN IT WAS STANDING 20 YEARS AGO!!!!!! I am only trying to paint a painting for a lady who was born here and has fond memories of thia area, She has never been back here. I am thinking it may have been the Post Office, you seem to know so much but are only making trouble instead of being of any help. I will go to the museum at the water taxi as that was an excellent ideal, and no I dont smoke, you are making no sense to me at all.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Whats up with someone trying to get iformation on this site, Do they always get attacked? If I were you I would also check out the NITCH House in the City. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I know that there used to be some nice postcards of this building. Now, this was a good 8 or 9 years ago when I left Belize. But if they are still being published, these were nice postcards of the Paslow Building.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Here is a picture, albeit a small picture of what the building looked like.
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.