Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#220743 - 04/09/06 09:33 AM Public Beaches Offline
Just a note to let visitors to Caye Caulker know that all beaches on Caye Caulker, and in deed in all of Belize are PUBLIC. It is Queensland (the first 60 feet) and for public use. So if a property owner tells you to get off his/her beach, they are wrong to do so. The police can't/won't come and remove you from the beach, as long as you are behaving yourself and not doing anything illegal.
Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, Caye Caulker

#220744 - 04/09/06 11:18 AM Re: Public Beaches
Dane Offline
She is helping you out here, but don't focus too much on the 60 ft part. Erosion is a factor. You can see where the beach is and it is yours to use.

#220745 - 04/09/06 01:42 PM Re: Public Beaches Offline
Thanks for the clarification Dane. Anyone posting a "Private Beach" sign or advertising a private beach is just fooling themselves.

#220746 - 04/09/06 08:33 PM Re: Public Beaches
Hello everybody, Earth day is April 22nd. Urging all business's and individuals to do their part and adopt the beach, street or area around their home or business to help keep it clean from trash.

Make a difference for the underwater environment while having fun and getting wet. Dive In To Earth Day is a global event taking place the week of Earth Day, April 22, 2006. Dive In offers dive operators, divers, snorkelers and water enthusiasts of all ages the chance to participate.
People across the globe are gearing up for annual Dive In To Earth Day events. Dive In engages dive volunteers in hands-on aquatic conservation activities including:

• Shoreline and underwater cleanups
• Fish ID, reef or sea turtle surveys
• Mooring buoy maintenance and installation projects
• AWARE Kids events
• Project AWARE Specialty courses
• Whale Shark Project photo excursions
• Ecology dives
• Environmental seminars, fairs or fundraising events

More than 1500 activities have taken place in 103 countries and territories around the world since Dive In’s inception in 2000. This year, Dive In To Earth Day organizers, Project AWARE Foundation and CORAL, expect hundreds of activities to take place in at least 70 countries.

Please check

Please pass on this message to your friends.......Lets all try to make a difference in Belize.

#220747 - 04/10/06 09:01 PM Re: Public Beaches
Thanks for the info about the public beach and Earth Day... will get some people involved and help out.

There are some nice sunrise and sunset beach areas. ALL are public, weather there is businees or private home there. Enjoy the views with respect to the property owners in front of these areas!

Happy Views!

#220748 - 04/10/06 10:27 PM Re: Public Beaches
Hmmm! If all beaches are public how come no one can step foot at the Tourism Village? Isn't that private property?

#220749 - 04/11/06 12:12 AM Re: Public Beaches Offline
We are talking about beaches on Caye Caulker, not riverfront property in Belize City.

#220750 - 04/11/06 02:16 AM Re: Public Beaches

So, how come you can't go to the public beaches of Caye Chapel without some guard chasing you off? Or how come you can't just dock up at Tobacco Caye and claim you came to come on the beach? Different rules for different islands? Why so?

#220751 - 04/11/06 12:55 PM Re: Public Beaches
Dane Offline
No guard ever chased me off Caye Chapel.I have been there amny times. The only time I stopped at Tobacco they greeted me and ignored me. I have gone in Tourist Village at my leisure. There is little reason to do so except at night and that guy is in court to let him open back up.

#220752 - 04/11/06 01:27 PM Re: Public Beaches
You be a white boy, dude. That opens many doors in this country. If you are a local they surely don't greet you the same way and there ain't no public beach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (DonnyQ), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day