My husband and I spent three days in Caye Caulker the end of April. We had a GREAT time. This is a very positive post for Caye Caulker!! We stayed at Seaside Cabanas and it was good. Nice set up and great little happy hour bar, Uno Mas!! AND the pool is awesome.
Now, to the food. The shrimp burrito I had at the Rainbow Bar and Grill was wonderful. And the view is incredible. The nachos there are pretty good too. We had dinner at Habeneros one night, wow. My husband had the snapper special and fell in love. LOL.
Met some guys at our hotel from California and had dinner with them one night at Rasta Pasta. I had the Cajun corkscrew pasta with grilled chicken. Yum Yum! All of the food was good, we shared a dessert and waddled back to the hotel. LOL. Very good service at Rasta Pasta and nice people.
Check out the pork chops at Rosa's Cafe, good food. 2 pork chops, rice and beans, mashed potatoes and a tortilla. Enough food for a light lunch for 2 people.
And for breakfast, do not miss Amor y Cafe. The Spanish Eggs are too die for. I'm serious, they are that good.
We had a good time walking around and doing some shopping and of course, spent an afternoon at the split.
Friday night we went to the Oceanside and listened to Dennis Wolfe and Scotty. What a great time!!
Our three days went all too quickly.
Caye Caulker is beautiful. Relax and enjoy.