Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#22108 - 04/28/00 02:57 PM Suggestions on where to stay when traveling with parents and entire family of 10 adul
Siri Offline
We will be taking a family vacation in October and would love to get suggestions on where to stay. We will have 2 sets of parents (ages 60ish) who like nice, clean, safe, pretty full service accomodations. And 6 siblings (ages 29-35, 2 girls and 4 boys) who enjoy a nice accomodations but would also like activities. Something on a clean, easy to access beachfront, 1 or 2 bedrooms w/ AC would be great. Should we stay close or in San Padro or is it better to be a bit away. Are things too hectic for parents type people or is it fine to get something "in-town". The parents are cool, enjoy a good time and puts a few back in the evenings but after so many years of being alive doesn't like "cheesy" tourist things. Thanks for all your replys!

#22109 - 04/28/00 04:16 PM Re: Suggestions on where to stay when traveling with parents and entire family of 10 adul
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline

I think one of the island's many condotels would make a great choice for your party. These places typically offer one and two bedroom units, nicely furnished, often with a pool and almost always on the water. Among those that I like are The Palms, Villas at Banyan Bay, Banana Beach, Paradise Villas, Coral Bay, Belizean Reef Suites. That's not a complete list by any means.

As to WHERE to stay, it's a toss-up. If you like to go out frequently and be near everything, you might be better off in or near town -- places like The Palms, Belizean Reef, Mayan Princess, Paradise Villas. But if you want a bit more peace and quiet, places like Banyan Bay, Banana Beach, Sunset Beach are nice and just a $5 cab ride from town.

My Fun, Free & Easy Guide to Ambergris Caye gives all the pros and cons of each area (with no advertising, so the info is candid) plus rating of hotels, restaurants, etc.
Click on http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/amcay/amberg.html

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#22110 - 04/28/00 08:11 PM Re: Suggestions on where to stay when traveling with parents and entire family of 10 adul
oldgator Offline
Siri: May I suggest that you go to my Web Site at http://oldgatorsnest.addr.com then scroll up to parts 2 and 3 AMBERGRIS CAYE AND PLACENCIA click the links for Journeys End and SunBreeze on the AC part 2 and the link for the Inn at Robert's Grove on part 3 Placencia. Any of those 3 places will provide what you are looking for. You can link to them through the site and request a firm price for the time period you wish to stay.
The Oldgator's Homepage

#22111 - 05/01/00 11:44 AM Re: Suggestions on where to stay when traveling with parents and entire family of 10 adul
Sandcrab Offline

I think Lan has given you excellent advice.

You might want to consider the area south of town called Mar de Tumbo Beach. This is one of the best beaches on Ambergris Caye and does not have a seagrass problem (turtle grass) as the wave action there tends to lessen the growth. Just walk in and go for a swim.

Located on this beach are several good resorts, but I suggest, as Lan did, that a condotel is probably the most appropriate type of accommodation.

Banana Beach with one bedroom suites is a great choice, and Villas At Banyan Bay with two bedroom suites is also an excellent choice. Each resort has a swimming pool, and air conditioning. They are near to very good eating places and beach bars.

The price of the suites will probably determine your choice as both are very nice. You can check them out at:

<A href="mailto:bananas@btl.net">E-mail: Banana Beach</A>

<A href="mailto:info@banyanbay.com">E-mail: Banyan Bay</A>

Enjoy and if I can be of further help, please feel free to contact me direct.

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 05-01-2000).]

#22112 - 05/03/00 12:36 PM Re: Suggestions on where to stay when traveling with parents and entire family of 10 adul
John R Offline
I went down there with some elder family members, and stayed at Banyan Bay. They loved it. It sounds like an ideal place for you and your family.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.