Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#221460 - 10/21/06 05:00 AM Questions???
Anonymous
It's been a few years since I've visited CC and I plan to come back for a vacation in June. Would someone who lives there PLEASE PLEASE answer these few questions for me? *** Does Mara still rent rooms? *** Is Il Biscaro (Italian restaurant, owned by, I think, Salvadore) still there? *** And how about Junie, the man who lives on Front Street and has that beautiful sailboat "Trinity" -- is he still there? What about that little place called Yoo Hoo, run by someone also named Cynthia?(no, not me) I loved the time I spent in Caye Caulker, sailing and learning to snorkel and relaxing and meeting the friendly people. I'm just worried that it might have changed too much. Am hoping it still has that 'island charm' and isn't too commercial. Oh,and is the restaurant Wish Willy still there? sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm feeling almost homesick! thanks for any information, Cynthia

#221461 - 10/21/06 04:23 PM Re: Questions???
Cooper Offline
Salvadors Restaurant is now a newq upscale fine dining Italian Restaurant, Don Corleones. Sals family still lives in back. Sal has been gone for several years he works now on a cruise ship out of Europe, but comes back for a month every year. He was last back I think around January. Mara still rents rooms, and as far as I know Junie is still around, their was some talk that people had not seen him, he sits out front alot and I guess he stopped doing that for awhile so mabe someone else can fill you in on that, Wish Willy is still around however his place may not be in the same spot. It is now to the left on the street pass the childrens park on the way to the Split.

#221462 - 10/23/06 07:54 AM Re: Questions???
Anonymous
Thanks, Cooper. Hope I get to meet you and see your art someday. C

#221463 - 10/23/06 03:48 PM Re: Questions???
southern belle Offline
hey cynthia,
its the other cynthia from YOOHOO.
i am back in atlanta for the past few years.
which cynthia are you? i met many over the years i lived there.
i am taking a guess that you are the american that was living in france.
good guess or not????
i went back to the caye in july with my boyfriend and had a blast.
many things have changed, but still the same funky, weird place, we all love.
wish willy is still cooking up a storm.
juni goes back and forth alot.
still cold draft beer at the sandbox.
just nicer hotels and a few more upscale restaurants, etc...
if you have any specific questions, please let me know.
cheers,
cynthia #2

#221464 - 10/24/06 02:53 PM Re: Questions???
Belizepilot Offline
Hello Southern Girl!
Nice to hear from you, drop me an email to neil.knowles@bfbs.com

#221465 - 10/24/06 10:09 PM Re: Questions???
Anonymous
Hey, Cynthia #2, aka Southern Belle!

I'm the Cynthia (American) who was with the Belgian boyfriend/fiancee. (He had a French accent). You must have met so many people, maybe you don't remember me in particular. I have long, curly blonde hair, and as it always looks kinda wild (like a drunken mermaid) that's probably the best way to remember which Cynthia I am. Anyway, I remember you telling us that you decided to clear out of Atlanta when the drive-through Starbucks came to town. That, and the fact that Juni recommended your lunches to take out on sailing/snorkeling trips, and also, your sandwiches were REALLY GOOD! And the bananna bread, ooooooh. You were funny and smart and nice. Didn't you also write for the local CC newspaper? This was "way back" in June 2000. Anyway, thanks for answering. Lots has changed for me since then. I'm a student at San Francisco State University -- a 'returning adult', they call me. But, as I have decided to never grow up, I'm not sure they have me pegged. Maybe I'll see you on the island some time! take care, and thanks again for replying to a fellow lover of Caye Caulker.
Cheers, the 'other' Cynthia (Mermaid)

#221466 - 10/24/06 10:39 PM Re: Questions???
southern belle Offline
dear cynthia,
i did guess right. i totally remember "ya'll", my southern accent has returned after 9 years in central america.
i knew, i lived there too long, when i started putting hot sauce on my grits.
what ever happened to your boyfriend,
i remember having a ton of fun with you.
my boyfriend loved it so much, we are planning a return trip next year based around lobsterfest on the island. we lucked out in july and hit the 4th of july and lobsterfest in the same trip.
we played croquet in front of the sandbox and had a blast with all the americans down there and a few english and canadiens. the english of course, were the only ones to cheat, not mentioning any names,amanda and bobbi.
let me know what else is happening, are still with the same guy?
cheers,
cynthia #2

#221467 - 10/25/06 09:05 PM Re: Questions???
Anonymous
Hey, Southern Belle Cynthia,

No, my boyfriend and I are not together anymore.

BUT, life goes on! San Francisco is a BEAUTIFUL place. Too expensive, but beautiful. I've just finished my Bachelor's and am going for teaching certifications to teach English to adult immigrants. It's very cool work -- lots of friendliness. I grow flowers on my fire escape and the rooftop deck, go hiking when I get the chance (this city has country and mountains really close by). I also love to cook and have friends over to hang out.

How are things in Atlanta? What do you do there?
Hey, keep in touch. If I can get up the nerve, and also if I can talk a friend or two into coming with me, I definitely want to visit CC this coming summer.
later, Mermaid Cynthia

[This message has been edited by Cynthia (edited 10-25-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Cynthia (edited 10-25-2006).]

#221468 - 10/25/06 10:00 PM Re: Questions???
southern belle Offline
cynthia,
i don't want to bore the people of c.c. with our personal lives or maybe, they are so bored they would be interested.
i just got in touch with a british pilot, who was stationed there in 1990's. we partied together on new year's eve 1999-2000, i still remember getting asked to leave the sandbox, etc...
you can email me at cynthia_fessenden@yahoo.com
cheers,
cynthia #2

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,231 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day