Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I got curious about the school system in San Pedro and found a web site ( //ambergriscaye.com/info/search/Schools )that has a discription of it. The thing that I found striking is that there seems to be no direct student path between the San Pedro RC Primary School and the Medical University of the Americas. The High School is not a public school and seems also to suffer from a lack of teaching materials. Did I miss something?

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
E
E
You think like i would Don. Two issues 1.) the local schoools are either government funded or private and in both cases lack well, funds (with the possible exception of Island Acedemy, which is i suspect subsidised by local millionare, Barry Bowen.
2.) Starting about 7 years ago the island began to attract offshore medical schools, which exsist to serve those who can't get into to mainland U S schools for whatever reason (academic or space come to mind). These schools started out beig HIGHLY profitable for their owners, but unfortunatly provide no matriculaton path for local students.The medical schools have since largely closed down due to changes in U S regs or missmanagement or both.

OP Offline
Of course, the limited information I found on the web site, only led me to believe that the government funded ONLY teachers salarys at the Catholic public school. That was the influence that made me wonder about how books, utilities, repairs, school lunches and socker balls were funded.

All local public schools are stretched for resources

All schools (except the private ones) are stretched for resourses indeed.

So, what would happen is the individual schools would do funds raising activities to raise the extra funds needed.

Like us here in Dangriga, we have Harvest Thanksgiving festival, bar-b-q sales, pageants, cake sale, etc.

This is why any kind of generous donation in the form of school supplies, sporting equiptment, funds, etc. that we have received or may receive from board members or other wise, we are always
happy.

amen to that

OP Offline
Does anyone know if the Catholic Public School provides school lunches to the elementary students?

No

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.