Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#222139 12/09/06 06:17 PM
N
najr Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm coming to visit for a delayed Honeymoon in mid Jan. We plan on chartering fishing boats a few days, but I was wondering if there were places we go fishing without having to charter. If so, we would bring our own rods. We will be renting a golf cart to get around. Thanks

S
S
If you're fly fishing you can walk the flats between Belizean Shores and Portofino in the north end and south of Sunset Beach in the south end. It's been a while since I've done it but the bonefishing was pretty decent when I did. You can also fish off docks that are unposted for Snapper, Barracuda and whatever else happens to swim past. Fishing the cut in the evenings also usually pays off.

Simon that sounds fun fishing th cut. What have you caught there?

We have only done Gatorade fishing here as we do not have rods lol.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Originally Posted by tacogirl
Simon that sounds fun fishing th cut. What have you caught there?

We have only done Gatorade fishing here as we do not have rods lol.

Gatorade fishing? Ok, I'll bite

10 more sleeps!

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
use any plastic bottle as float for hand line fishing, also I've found a 1/4 stick of dynamite works quicker.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
S
S
I've caught Snapper, Barracuda, Grunts and even a Bonefish at the cut.

You can fish the docks for small snapper , check first if allowed .the longer the dock sticks out the is the better the fishing is >>. high tide is best .. just check that you can fish there ,some have snorkel reef and cover to keep the fish there, not cool to fish there,so ask first.use a small 1 /0 or 2/0 hook with sardine or shrimp bait,a float very lite spin 10 lb test max tackel .for help go to town there are two places to get help the best one is capt sharks on the beach ,infront of wet willys bar.he is vey helpful and has bait And will share info about fishing here and where to try..but the best fishing is off a boat see my fishing reports each month go to fishingsanpedro.com the place I book my fishing thru and look at the photos you will get excited.Tight lines to you and good fishing , go live the dream !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by captjeff; 12/11/06 10:31 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
DitchDockDiver

Gatorade fishing can be quite fun and work up your arm muscles to boot lol.

Just tie your line on the neck of a Gatorade bottle wind it up some and cast off. Soon as you get a nibble start winding as fast as you can.

Lol Dogmatic frozen peas and a bucket work as well as dynamite.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.