Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
thank you dog. that was exactly what i meant. you speak me well.

hey bobber, congrats on the digs there. it is indeed beautiful. i just meant to comment on the resort area, as that was all i saw of provo. i'm sure the 'burbs of anywhere are nicer than the cities proper. the smaller cayes are all supposed to be nice too.

hopie, those pics you speak of were taken by a proud man newly in love (after having a quite heavy wife who didnt care what she looked like), and i begrudgingly humored him. i am not really comfortable in front of a camera. HOWEVER, i have gained at least 15 lbs since then, and well, lets just say gravity is setting in too!

Do you need officers to control animals? I would think non-coms should be able to handle them.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
C
C
To be accurate, there is a Beaches all-inclusive resort on Provo. There are several other, much smaller, resorts that offer, but do not require, all-inclusive packages. There are many that don't.

Provo is a far cry from what most people picture when citing all-inclusive resorts (think Riviera Maya, where they are rampant).

We'll be at a fairly small resort on Grace Bay (which is not all-inclusive but, like many resorts on AC, provides us with multiple bedrooms, a full kitchen, etc.) this spring. The beach there is absolutely spectacular and often rated among the top ten most beautiful in the world. Provo's really a pretty nice island, IMO. I'm sure the other islands in the chain are as well.

Just trying to keep the record clear; all-inclusive resorts are in the minority on Provo.

I was going to get a life, but this was easier.
Catmo, the research we've done does make it look like the best spot to be is right on Grace Bay. We do try and avoid resorts of any sort and prefer villas when we can do it. The house we have rented is a 3 bedroom, on the beach south of the airport, with it's own pool. We will have a van and we do plan on getting to Grace Bay. Tough zeroing in on things if you've never been there.

OP Offline
catmo, i mean no offense to anyone. just calling what i saw. when i say all-inclusive, maybe meant lotsa hotels one after the next. not thatch bunglows, concrete mid-rises. that said, grace bay has good rep, and you should have a lovely time.

my instinct tells me that in 15 yrs, that part of provo will look like riviera maya,or more precisely, cozumel. (tho 2 yrs ago i stayed at a very nice all-inclusive [my 1st] 2 hrs south of cancun. needed meals, cuz it was in middle of nowhere. akumal area is v pretty).

gee whiz, hard to speak one's mind around here without offending anyone. blanket apology to anyone else i ticked off!

When I use a word, Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Jane, we did Akumal about 4 years ago, off season. We were in a resort/hotel, but the restaurant was closed and we did have to hunt for places to eat. It was a pretty area, fair snorkeling, but the diving was really bad.

OP Offline
hey bobber, i agree on all counts. i dont dive, but am sure u r right. except for the lagoon, water was murky. dont think it is billed as a dive destination. bruce was happy enuff cuz he got to see his first triggerfish & parrotfish in the lagoon. the 'mexico' pics on this thread were from there (obviously, if you seen it). we did LOVE the bar La Buena Vida. reminded me of sp. thatch, cold victoria beer, good, on the beach, tasty fresh food (and pleseasaur skeleton to boot).

looks like eventually, travel wise, i will catch up with you & the mrs!

La Buena Vida. Hmmm. Was that the place on the north side of the lagoon, pretty close to where the main road hit the lagoon? We were in one of the places on the south end of the lagoon, walking distance to the snorkel park.
I believe I saw you mentioning Bonaire in one of the online chats. If you like snorkeling, that is super. And it is civilized, not real crowded unless a cruise ship is in, and has a lot of atmosphere, great food, and the park on the north end of the island is fantastic for a day trip.

OP Offline
we called it the bone bar. off the main road on the right, near the condos. had little skeletons & melted candles all over, and the barstools are swings.

bonaire is on the list, mon, but is big list! after ac (x2 next yr), wanna hit cr again soon, '08 we are trying for malaysia, bali, or thailand. then in the future there is roatan, peru, the amazon, ankur ruins (cambodia), borneo, chile, new guinea....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.