Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from a friend...

These are some of the things I would like the BTB to do with the hotel tax it collects from me:

1. I would like the BTB to take its vast database, surely by now of hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people who over the years have requested information about Belize and send them e-mail advertising at least once a month. This hardly costs anything and is very effective.

2. The Destination Belize magazine and those paper brochures are soooo passe. Nobody reads a book anymore to decide where next to visit. Although not a BTB project, the Destination Belize magazine should be replaced with nice, professionally done video dvd's of each of the major destinations (paid for by the BTB) and enough copies of these should be made available (as available as the Destination Belize magazine) for placement in all hotels. It is a much cheaper investment. Moreover, it is much easier for a tourist to take back a small dvd than a humongous luggage-space filling literature brochure to their friends at home.

3. Tourist cams should be installed at all tourism destinations and broadcast live (together with the local temperature) over the internet. There is nothing more convincing to make a tropical trip than when you are freezing your tush off somewhere up north, to be able to do a quick internet check and reassure yourself that there really is sunshine somewhere else in the world at that very moment.

4. With the strong Euro, to do a marketing blitz in Europe aiming to get all those travel-savvy Europeans to the exotic Caribbean.

All EXCELLENT IDEAS!!!
Smart, cheap and effective....

Love the DVD and tourist cam ideas.....and....how about some sort of local show/greeting by Belizeans when folks get off the plane/water taxi? Jamaica, Hawaii, most every tropical tourist destination has some sort of local greeting when guests arrive...

As far as Europe goes, I would agree that this would be an excellent marketing tool...but not until the airport is able to land airbus and other large aircraft from Europe. The truth is, most Europeans do not want to spend two days of their vacations traveling, (through Cancu;n), nor do they want to have to go through US customs in Miami. I truly believe this is a huge market just waiting to come to Belize...but expansion of the International airport is a must.

Change your Latitude
S
S
European travellers are great, when they visit Mexico.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.