Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#223746 12/19/06 08:53 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Ok, lets take a plebiscite

option 1.)Pave the streets ASAP with asphalt.

option 2.) Cobble the sreets, even though it may take a lot longer and cost way more.

E
OP Offline
E
I vote for 1.

Absolutely...1. Anything to get it done NOW!!!

E
OP Offline
E
Sorry i meant 2.
2 much Christmas cheer!

J
J
I thought I read that the cobblestones, that have only been in place a few years, are already starting to crumble. If they're going to be mostly dust in a few years, other options need to be addressed. I guess that means I vote for number 1.

JeanH #223865 12/20/06 11:06 AM
option 1. NOW.

Anybody know how to post a poll the old fashioned way?

ugh...

anyone ever been to san ignacio? paved roads. have been for YEARS...and its been YEARS since even a single pot hole has been filled. paving the streets will mean
1) more cars
2) pot holes that cant be graded out
3) pot holes that have hard edges as opposed to rounded bumps
4) loss of 'la isla bonita' feeling for tourists when it ISNT rainy season

everyone has a STRONG opinion on this subject, however, i have never seen a single report from a person who would actually KNOW. i would LOVE to see someone who has an engineering background or whatever it is that city planner types have that might give us another option.

there must be something to be done. wondering the last time the roads here were completely done in the first place? how old are these roads? perhaps what is needed is to build them back up to their original level, gravel beneath, sand on top? right now, they are simply gulleys anyway. since they havent been brought back up to that level, each rain will just make it exponencially worse and worse.

clearly something needs done, and i am not qualified at all to say what that is.

any ideas how to get a study done?

S
S
You can't get around Cancun to well this week. The cobblestone side streets have been soaked with the rain and most of them have popped up out of place making it impossible to drive on. So most wade through the water now to get to the main strip.

The Iraq Study Group has some spare time now, perhaps they can sort it out?

It's not rocket science. Every area that experiences major growth in population must covert gravel or dirt roads to pavement, it's a matter of personal health. Spit, fecal matter, urine, dead rodents etc... can all be found in the dust/mud that either gets in our lungs or splattered on our skin.

Nice huh? Those that may have visited when things are nice and pretty should be here now (and the past six weeks).

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
For my two cents.....I dont really care if they put a bunch of wooden planks down Coconut Drive from the supermarket to Banyan Bay so long as I don't feel like I am driving through land mines just to pick up some milk. For those of us whose work requires that we travel these roads on a daily basis, I can say that something would be better than nothing at this point.

Change your Latitude
S
S
Vote for Number 1.

Go to any one of the websites for other Caribbean islands and take a look of the images of paved roads. Nothing wrong with them at all.

As far as studies go, they've been about the only thing that has been done. Visit the Town Council and ask to see them if they have them available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.