Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
How many visitors would REALLY be willing to help pay for the roads. If you are willing, please include your feelings and comments on the extent of your willingness.

Please excuse my grammar...I missed a few classes.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Of course, I'd be willing to help.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Yeah I would, but that blacktop is gona get really HOT on the bare feet so I guess we'll have to start a shoe fund for the locals.

It will be coated with a sand coloured surface

S
S
There is a fishing village in Brazil that has addressed this issue successfully in the past. Buzios, in the state of Rio de Janiero, requires any improvement and/or structure to fit within the general concept of the 400 year old town. Parts of the central tourist district were being improved during our last visit and even the NEW streets were built with cobblestone pavers and an appropriate substrate. The town has decided collectively to employ a method that has proven to be effective for the climatic conditions and has had the courage to adhere to the decision. It is clear thinking that will preserve the ambience of that small enclave for years to come. Hopefully, San Pedro can achieve a similar result with dignity and cooperation that reflects the charm of a small fishing village on a small spit of land in the Carribean. JMHO

I agree with Silroman. I personally like the currently used cobblestones.Doesn't take away from the quaint aspect for this town.Aren't we tourist/visitors already helping pay for that kind of improvement?

Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Sometimes it takes drastic measures to solve issues.

After the big storms several people from the States banded together and brought tons and tons of relief to SP.

How is this issue any less of a threat...

If Belize and Ambergris Caye in particular are going to develope and promote tourism as an industry, is it not their responsibility to invest and provide the infrastructure to attract and support that industry?

An anlalogy would be me going into the business of selling gitzits and expecting my customers to pay for a building and supply my inventory so I could sell the gitzits to them.

Sure, if the industry is successful, then it should return a profit thru tax on the industry that would repay and sustain the investment.

Aiding someone after a natural disaster is far different than giving them money to provide necessary services that they will be charging you for.

Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Well said, just trying to brainstorm my friend. Again I will repeat what I said before, Most would not mind helping if it meant the place they love would remain comsumer friendly.

True, that is why I brought up what I considered to be a shortcoming in real estate taxes in a more serious comment.

For some reason, I am not in a serious mood today. That brings me to my question for you as to what you refer to by "comsumer friendly". Sounds interesting. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.