Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#224647 12/26/06 09:54 AM
OP Offline
I have been waiting for the BTB or the AC Chamber of Commerce to come up with a solution to the road problem. After all, the AC Chamber of Commerce did solve the problem of beautifying front street with addition of whatever those wooden things are they put infront of the school and library.
Anyway since neither has yet to offer the solution, I will.

It is the marketing stupid. Instead of marketing to those looking for "Isla Bonita" or tranquille living on an island paradise, marketing needs to be targeted to those that will appreciate what the island has most to offer.

Market to the ATV and Off Vehicle Road crowd. Let them know that AC can offer some of the most challenging conditions for their vehicles that exists in not only here, but world wide.

It will be a boom to the economy. Not only will the island attract tourists with ATV's and large off road vehicles, but once those arrive with the tourists, the locals that have to have the largest and loudest vehicles on the island will be purchasing larger and louder vehicles. wink

Last edited by bywarren; 12/26/06 09:55 AM.
Making lemons out of lemonade bywarren?

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Axeman #224709 12/27/06 11:51 AM
pretty sure he's being sarcastic. i think he means that is how it will be if not paved. 2 sides of every coin: while i believe san pedro is much more modern in its engineering ability, this is the road in manzanillo, costa rica last month, 5 yrs (we were told) after paving. vehicles of choice there are bike, motorcycle, scooter, 4x4:

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/image/72210868/large

i think they may have an issue there of the tide coming over the road in heavy rains. but, here is puerto viejo, maybe 10 miles north, a bit farther from the beach, more like san pedro:

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/image/72210867

no opinion either way, just a thought to help drive home the point that whatever you all choose to do, as chris and jesse stated, the gob does right from the beginning. whatever you choose, you have my support.

Jane are you sure thats not a picture of Ernie after a night out?

Just Kidding Ernie...

He's really got a point...With better roads may come the desire to bring more cars over. Something to concider.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Axeman #224758 12/27/06 07:55 PM
my last and final input on the road debate.

you better believe there will be cars. lots of cars, and trucks too. and, someone, please please tell me.....

where will the cars GO when they die in a year?? ever been to san ignacio? ya think someone's gonna pay to get em off the island?????

flash forward 2 years...this board will be covered with debates about what to do with all the abandoned cars, and all the traffic, ridiculously loud radios, car rental agencies etc.

I thought there was a moratorium on the number of vehicles allowed on the island? If that is correct, then fixing the road should not increase the number of vehicles.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

good points to both lara and ss. but i also have heard that if someone wants something there bad enuff and has some cash to spare....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.