Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#225134 - 01/01/07 11:02 AM city permit for golf carts
Gary1948 Offline
If your not a resident can a person just walk into the city and get a permit for a golf cart without showing property ownership??

#225140 - 01/01/07 01:29 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: Gary1948]
indygal Offline
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#225145 - 01/01/07 02:20 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: indygal]
Gary1948 Offline
so does this mean if you rent or lease a place your can not bring a golf cart onto the island?? thats stupid....

#225148 - 01/01/07 02:33 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: Gary1948]
Amanda Syme Offline
you can hire a golf cart.

#225161 - 01/01/07 03:57 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: Amanda Syme]
Gary1948 Offline
Of course I can hire a cart if I want to spend $1000 per month and waist my money. If i live there for a long time and have not become a resident I have to through away my money to get around the town. Thats very stupid and anti friendly to tourism. The city will be keeping people away from AC which means less tourism dollars spent on the island. Your in the real estate business. How is one expected to get around the island by foot or bike only.. I do not feel like haveing to be a slave waiting for a taxi all the time. I do not feel like walking that much.. Escrows can take several months from what I have read. Residency can take maybe 2 months for the QRP route or well over one year for the regular way. Thats a long time to be on foot...

#225173 - 01/01/07 04:49 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: Gary1948]
San Pedro Daily Offline
If you buy one here on the island, there'll be a way to work it out.

#225175 - 01/01/07 04:57 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: San Pedro Daily]
Gary1948 Offline
So you can have one if bought on the island at a higher price. Higher price but thats better than nothing I guess. Does the same go for buying a persons car that is on the island.. If its already there you can keep it? Is that true??
What is the trick to carts or cars? Is it residency or property ownership??? Or do you need both???

#225178 - 01/01/07 05:04 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: San Pedro Daily]
indygal Offline
You ask about getting a permit without proof you owned it. You have to show proof you bought the cart. Then you can apply for a permit to use it-this is not a quick process. Most folks ride on the old permit till they obtain their own. You do have to get insurance. Everything takes a lot of time here. If you can not wait, try Florida.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#225180 - 01/01/07 05:07 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: indygal]
San Pedro Daily Offline
Why do you think it would be higher here? If you purchase one in US, ship it down, ship to island, pay duty and tax and fees...it will cost as much or more.

#225184 - 01/01/07 05:33 PM Re: city permit for golf carts [Re: San Pedro Daily]
Gary1948 Offline
I just know of a place with good prices. If I go the QRP route then there is no duty. Will have to ship other items anyway. thanks for your help..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.