Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
pm- i'll be back aug. 26th and i'll be anxious to tell all. it sounds pretty nice, and i'm easy, but particular! the swim up bar appealed to my husband...i also was checking out banana beach and it too sounded nice, but we wanted a restaurant on premis for quick breakfasts and snacks.

T
T
We've stayed at the Caribe Island all three of our visits to Ambergris and have enjoyed it every time. There is a dive shop on the premises or any of the fine shops will pick you up at the dock.

For us the distance from town is just right. Quiet and secluded in the evenings yet just a short golf cart or bicycle ride if you want to tour San Pedro. The resort provides free transportation into town at about 6:30 PM and will pick you up about 9:30 PM. If you want to stay later there are plenty of cabs.

The pool is great and the bar is very convenient and located in a close proximity. So you will not have to move far to from the pool. The food at the restaurant is quick and good.

Wherever you end up, you will enjoy. Have a great honeymoon and a terrific marriage

J
J
We just returned from staying at the Palms for 11 days and loved the place, the managment, the condo, the pool, location, everything. Being next to Ramon's was close enough for me. The bar was pretty to look at but definitely the weakest pour we hit with the highest $$ requested. The Palms has security at night which has it's own comfort level and they have security box in most of the condos. Suggest condo 33, was really nicely decorated, etc

L
L
Jstifter: Glad you liked the Palms. I have been thinking about staying there. What is the extra 5% service charge? I believe most places charge a 7% hotel tax but the Palms lists theirs as a 12% hotel/service charge. Did they arrange for your flight from the mainland to SP? Will the Palms also arrange fishing/snorkeling etc. for you? Thanks for the info.

T
TEX Offline
T
My family and I stayed at the Caribe Island Resort and it was great- very friendly and relaxing. Great snorkling right at their beach. All local services can be booked through the dive shop or you can arrange your own and be picked up at the dock. There are only 26 units at the resort so you don't feel crowded. No restaurant but free transportation is provided- Try Fido's restaurant. Good luck!

S
S
Hmmmm... that's strange! Caribe Island Resort
has had a restaurant for years.

LOL....Jesse....I swear it wasn't me this time! [Linked Image]

K
K
Hi,
I would suggest comparing the places mentioned with Victoria House. They have a gorgeous honeymoon suite.

Karen Pasquariello
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ed -

karen also worked at Journeys End, where i'm staying in 10 DAYS (horray) and was very helpful answering all my questions. email her, i did.

JE is at the north end of the island and you have to take a water taxi to town, which makes it quieter and more secluded than the other places, but is a self-contained upscale resort with good food, A/C, dive shop, and i hear there are some good nearby restaraunts so that you dont HAVE to taxi to town for a romantic dinner, honeymooners! however, i would not miss a few visits to town. the water taxis go 2x daily each way for free, but you can pay for them at any time of day. they will drop you at the pier of your choice, til around midnite. we plan to be too tired from diving and snorkeling and drinking all day to party too late at night anyhow. JE sounded nice to me, and again, i'll let you know in a couple of weeks.

P
postman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Jane/Karen et al

Thanks for the info ... I think I have my short list at this point and that includes the following in terms of preference:

1-Banyan Bay
2-Victoria House
3-The Palms
4-Journeys End
5-Banana Beach

I've put a spreadsheet together rating each of the attributes for these resorts based on the info I have been gathering ... and from our point of view Banyan Bay comes up tops due to the following:

- Condo style
- Layout of the resort
- Pool and bar on premise
- Proximity to town, not too far
- On premise dive shop
- Semi-private environment
- Consistency in the reviews

As you know all of these resorts rate really well. I am leaning a little more towards Victoria House (more private, nice honeymoon suite) but my other half likes Banyan Bay ... so we are leaning that way ... But we haven't finalized our plans yet ... I will do so next week ...

All thoughts welcome..

Ed

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.