Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
postman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Sorry but it's my turn to ask the usual ... My soon to be wife and I will be going to AC for the firt time on our honeymoon ...

We plan on doing a good deal of diving but also want a place that has nice (better than ok) accomodations ... access to good food, pool, nice rooms, etc. etc.

I have done some research here and may have zeroed in on a couple of places ...

My local dive shop has run many trips to Caribe Island Resort ... I want to be sure it's not just a "dive place" .. it doesn't seem to be ..

I've heard a lot about Ramon's but am concerned it might be too busy and over-hyped.. but I have seen a lot about it ..

I have also heard good things about the Palm ...

Keep in mind this is a honeymoon and I can spend a couple of extra bucks ... but I don't get the sense that Cayo Espanto is worth the money ...

All critics welcome...

Ed

p.s. were going the week before Thanksgiving

Ramon is nice and closer to town. If you want to spend extra, you can try Royal palms or Banyen Bay.. but again they are a bit expensive and you get what you paid for.

The advnatage of Ramon's is its proximity the action and it has a better resturant than the two i mentioned. Pluse, they have a decent diving shop.

Visualize wealth and put yourself in the picture
Ramon's is well advertised but you pay too much for what you get! Villas at Banyan Bay are really nice, pretty pool, on the best beach. There are a number of places you haven't mentioned that may be suitable.

(Damn! AOL just bounced me, and now I have to recreate my message...gone to WorldNet so that I can finish what I start)

If I was going to do the honeymoon thing again I would probably head for Carribean Villas. (By the way, I agree entirely with what Wendy said..there are a lot of choices other than Ramon's that are in my estimation better and less $$$)

C Villas is not too far nor too close to town. The accomodations, particulary the condo style villas are wonderful. I believe they have a pool, I know they have a hot tub, and the grounds and bird sanctuary are great. They even have a two-three story watching tower. We have not stayed there but we stay VERY, VERY close. The owners, Will and Susan are very nice. My best friend's daughter is getting married next year (in AC!) and we are going to gift them a portion of the honeymoon at C Villas. Check out their web page off the lodging portion of the AC home page.

Banyan Bay is also very, very nice, but doesn't give you the effect of seclusion (without being so) that Carribean Villas does.

Any of the dive operations will pick you up at CV's dock. We have used Fantasea, Amigo Del Mar and the Blue Hole (Scuba Hut) over the years..all have been very good. I don't dive but my bride does, and we usually have two PADI instructors and two Divemasters with us when we come to the island. This is a pretty hard bunch to please, and yet so far just fine.

If you have decided to make AC the honeymoon spot, then INDULGE yourselves.

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 08-01-2000).]

I agree with Wendy that you may want to expand your looking list beyond the three you mentioned. Villas at Banyan Bay and Banana Beach are two condotels that you may want to look at.

Of the three you mentioned, The Palms (not the Royal Palm, which is a timeshare) would be my choice, and then Ramon's if you spring for one of the better units, which however are pricey for what you get.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i stayed at Ramones in 1993...it was a long time ago and don't know about now...it was ok. the pool was small, the restaraunt was ok (mostly ate elsewhere).we had a beach- front cabana which was also ok, sorta nice, no air conditioning, and some bugs (its the tropics). not what we are used to as caribbean standards of luxury. we went for a laid-back adventure vacation BC (before children), so it was fine for us. the dive shop seemed pretty good, and the drinks were good too. met some nice folks there, butin August(2nd trip to AC)i'm trying Journeys End. we wanted something nicer than ramones.if you want i'll let you know how it goes!

The palms is nice......almost center of town...but no pool. However they are just a few doors down from Ramon's and they are really good about letting people swim from the end of their dock. It's clear and fairly deep enough to make for excellent swimming, not to mention all the artificial reefs they have under the dock. Great snorkeling!
If I were on a honeymoon though...I think I would like a little more seclusion and romance and would probably opt for some of the resorts north of the cut. Captain Morgans, Casa Caribe to name a couple. The extra money on those will come from water taxi or golf cart rental. Nice atmosphere though. [Linked Image]

Visit http://www.glentree.com

S
S
The Palms DOES have a pool! Everyone who stays there seems very happy and satisfied.

OOPSSS.....sorry Jesse......guess I missed it. This is the Palms that's just a few doors down from Ramon's right? Gonna have to go check out that place better. Thanks for correcting me Jesse. [Linked Image]

P
postman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Jane ... please let me know how you like your upcoming trip ...

Thanks ... Ed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.