Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#22565 - 08/02/00 11:07 PM Journeys end
dietdew Offline
Have our airfare purchased for the first of December to Belize. Our first choice of resorts is Journeys end with Victoria House a close second. A nice beach, relaxing, and good scuba diving with a professional staff are our priorities. Clean resort is a MUST! Anyone with info on these resorts would be appreciated! Info on the dive store onsight also helpful.
dietdew

#22566 - 08/02/00 11:23 PM Re: Journeys end
Anonymous
hi. we'll be at JE in two weeks. if you can wait three, check this board, i'll let you know how it went. i have a few postings here the past few weeks you can look at for infomation many nice folks have passed on. i think it sounds nice too.

#22567 - 08/03/00 08:03 PM Re: Journeys end
Spyder Offline
Victoria House going through great renovations which should be done by end of September. U may want to check that out.

#22568 - 08/03/00 08:15 PM Re: Journeys end
CHOOCHOO Offline
If I had to choose between just those two I would go with Victoria House. It is at the south end of the island, but much closer to to town. You don't have to get a water taxi to get to town.

There are a lot of good dive shops in AC, so having one right at the resort is just an extra. (Both VH and JE have shops on site) All will pick you waterfront whereever you stay. Once you have been to AC and gotten used to what it is all about you'll see how easy it all is no matter where you stay. The only important thing is not to overpay, not to underdrink, eat the fish you catch, and have a great time.

#22569 - 08/04/00 06:26 AM Re: Journeys end
oldgator Offline
Hey Dietdew: Check out all the pic's of Journeys End on my web site at http://oldgatorsnest.addr.com scroll to part two and follow the links. Great place to really get lost.

#22570 - 08/04/00 01:41 PM Re: Journeys end
Terri Offline
This is my two cents. If you guys have a big group of divers and if some of you like to go out and drink or dance at night, etc. I would not stay on the north side of town. I am pretty sure if you stay out until the bars close, you will not be able to get back to your resort. Its no problem during the day, water taxi and a little ferry (well sort of ferry, those of you have been there know what I mean) for the channel. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about not being able to get back late. I think staying south of town would be better for a group but if you do want to get away from it all then north of town is the way to go. Also I agree with the post that you do not have to have a dive shop where you stay. Everything in San Pedro is much easier to do then any where else I have ever been. They do pick you up by boat at your hotel to go diving. It's great. I wouldn't have believed it until I experienced it myself.

#22571 - 08/04/00 11:00 PM Re: Journeys end
Anonymous
terri - hi...i'm the one from doylestown. i'm staying at JE in spite of the water taxi thing. i believe they stop around midnight. they have their own bar too, dont know if anyone is ever there or not. we also hear more things have opened that end of the island. hubby hopes to be too beat from diving to dance til 2 am!

#22572 - 08/05/00 04:40 AM Re: Journeys end
Karen Pasquariello Offline
Hi,
I use to work at both Victoria House and Journey's End. Both have their positive points. Feel free to contact me, I would be glad to give you lots of info. My email is divensea@cobweb.net
Karen

#22573 - 08/10/00 03:56 AM Re: Journeys end
Anonymous
dd - what did you decide?

#22574 - 08/29/00 08:42 PM Re: Journeys end
dietdew Offline
Thanks for all the information! It has been helpful. We are still trying to decide on lodging. Sure glad you had a good trip jane.
Thanks again for the help.
dietdew

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (t42), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.