Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#225810 01/05/07 11:38 PM
skyking Offline OP
OP Offline
Now they are fining people. For real. Someone who claims to be on their HOA but is not legally allowed to be because she owes the HOA money has started trying to fine tenants for breaking rules that she has made up. She is also employing her own personal security on weekends to enforce her rules. Can ya believe it? If you are thinking of buying or renting there think long and hard.

B
B
I need a bit more clarification...what's a HOA?

try Home Owners Assoc. on for size

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
B
B
It fits.

Oh, how can she fine you? Or are you hearing this 2nd or 3rd hand. The tenants seem sooooo unhappy there but seem to stay on.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
skyking Offline OP
OP Offline
Not hearing. First hand, but then you are the one who thought those poor tourists who had someone smash their window might be guilty, so not surprised you are questioning this. You are probably friends with the people who are doing this. How does she fine you, she does it by sending you a pretend bill. No one is paying attention and no one cares what she has to say. Hey maybe you are her???????? If so, get stuffed. The reason people stay is because most of the people at the RPV are good people. It is just these jerks who are causing problems. Anyway, so many units are for sale and property value is dropping, so it wont be long before things change.

Get some monopoly money and send it to who ever sent the pretend bill to you or better yet just ignore such silliness. I have not been there long enough to cause anyone any problems, or know anyone well.
Four years ago there were more properties for sale, then now and most priced around $145,000. People buying don't care that the tenants are unhappy. They would be more concerned that the rental management does not keep the place full even in the high season. Most of the units for sale have not been renovated in 13 to 15 years and yet the owners price them over $200,000. Overpriced real=estate rarely sells.
It is to bad someone has nothing better to do then to harrase someone elses tenants. Have you contacted your own landlord to let them know what is going on? You can vent on this board but it does not accomplish anything.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Its a sick and twisted world out there, and it seems to have given us the bitch end of the stick, again, "pun intended". Comlaining to the board or to the landlord does very little, almost like the managment, badda bing! But we have our own fun. Its like Skyking said, we have a close nit group that love to live in Belize, together we are Many, divided we fall. If you believe it accomplishes nothing, then why do you care?? Carma, Carma. Viva La Resistance!

"You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile, but you have smelly dog farts."
Hang in there Johnny, Persistence will avail, Just think, If your were still in Canada right now you would be freezing your a$$ off. no? cry (or is that where I am supposed to insert the "yea, no" thing we were talking about during our fishing trip confused) EH? blush Stick together and you will win the "War". See you end of February grin

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
The only Karma you get is what you put out there.
I care because I want to live in peace at Royal Palm. I was hoping the unhappy folks would do something, instead of just gripe. I am done with this subject.........you get to be as happy or unhappy as you choose. It's a Karma thing.

skyking Offline OP
OP Offline
It will be your turn soon and then you will wish you had been more understanding of your neighbors. You don't bring harrassment on yourself from crazies by karma and it doesn't matter how much you live in peace once they start nipping at your heels. You might wish you had listened to people who have lived there a while. People are doing something and not just griping. If you got to know people at Royal Palm you would know that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.