Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#225833 - 01/06/07 09:56 AM What can I pack?
LJ Offline
All my waiting is almost over,coming down on Thursday.I wanted to pack a few food items in my suitcase,dry cereal,cookie mix,Bisquik,coffee,and also some laundry detergent and fabric softener.Will this be ok or will customs give me trouble over it?I also have an XM portable radio will they let me bring it also?(boom box satelite radio) Thanks for any help.

Edited by LJ (01/06/07 09:57 AM)

#225838 - 01/06/07 10:12 AM Re: What can I pack? [Re: LJ]
SimonB Offline
Why bother, you can buy all of those items down here and save yourself the trouble of lugging them around. The XM radio won't be a problem.

#225872 - 01/06/07 04:21 PM Re: What can I pack? [Re: SimonB]
Actually, LJ, none of those items should be a problem, nor should you need to pay duty on them. You can purchase most, if not all, there - although not necessarily the brands you want - but they will run you quite a bit more and who wants to spend vacation time shopping? The other option is to make your list and let Simon shop for you and have it all waiting there for you. Still more expensive, but does save lots of time. Simon's service is great!

Enjoy your trip! smile

#225874 - 01/06/07 05:39 PM Re: What can I pack? [Re: ]
kris48 Offline
I second that! Let Simon shop. Caye Coffee is great, and I'm sure he ccan find the rest.

#225875 - 01/06/07 05:47 PM Re: What can I pack? [Re: ]
1BKeeper Offline
LJ, we had room in our luggage to carry some breakfast and snack food items and had no problem with it. I even carried the ready to bake chocolate chip cookies...which smelled great baking...and cheeses in a small insulated bag. We didn't have to shop for those items after getting there and it was there when we were! It was an easy way for us to have some of the things we knew that we wanted. We were staying close to town and grocery shopped there, too, but often had to go to several stores to find what we needed/wanted and sometimes made do with what we found. No one complained! Have fun.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.