Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
OP Offline
B
The road from the bridge north is only a 'right of way' deeded by subdivisions and BEL access--from what I can gather.
Here is MY list of the worst non-civic minded land owners to date...
#1 of course is our Reef Village People who will not only not repair the road in front of there own jobsite, but make there workers wallow in the same muck.(They have access to $1 million worth of equipment, any of which could repair the road in an hour. Heaven help the Skydivers when they arrive. I understand after this year they will not return. Way to go Jeff!!

#2 The mudbogs in front of Sweet Basil. they are easy to recognize as they usually have 2 or 3 tourist stuck in them. Oh, The Reef Village Bunch own that too.
See #1

#3 is The Rocket Scientist in Tres Cocos that decided that strategically placing 3" ropes between the mud holes would ultimately slow us down to an acceptable speed.

#4 is the unavoidable holes just before the Palapa Apt.'s
Come on Juanito--A little help here!!!!!

# 5 is the contractor who is doing the Grand Caribe project. Oops again, Thats the same one doing Reef Village so bitching at them won't help. At least they could park the brand new Caterpillar Loader so we can't see it as we trash our rides going by. See #1 again.

# 6 is the perpetual mess behind El Pescador. In the 14 years I have been on this island their mud bog was always the most fun on a dirt bike.

Thanks to Chris Barenfinger for constantly trying to improve his stretch of road even if his neighbor goes out of his way to defy his good wishes.
Bob Bjorlene is a crabby old fart but he tends to the road in his domain against huge odds from the west.

I want more input from the folks who live past El Pescador---
Thanks
Jim Hanna
P.S. I am not whining--my back hurts and I am pissed about the $1,500 bucks to get my cart fixed.

Am curious about the non-existant road through Journey's End?

I really wish the Reef Village people would do something. I hate thinking that we are a part of this mess. I will ask Jeff what his plans are once we are there, but I wonder if he HAS a plan, just hasn't carried it out yet, waiting for materials or something. I am really embarassed over this, even though I have nothing to do with it. Sorry it's like this. Wish things were different, and I will definately try to do something while I'm there.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
So where is the "Poll" that is mentioned above?

Just a quick correction. Grand Caribe and Reef Village are not the same developers.

Sun & Sand, I hope you can get to your condo! I think Jeff owes it to the people such as yourself that have purchased condos from him to make them accessable other than by "helicopter".

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I have been in touch with the Reef Village folks and have been assured the landing area will be cleared for our event.

The rumor of this being the last year is due to what will be done with the open parcel of land we use for our landing area.

If it gets developed, that will be the end of the "Boogie in Belize" skydive events.

B
OP Offline
B
R E: Jouney's End
It's paved with real 'Sleeping Policemen'

Last edited by belizeonthebeach; 01/14/07 10:48 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Just a quick correction. Grand Caribe and Reef Village are not the same developers.

Sorry Amanda,
I said 'contractor' not 'developer'.
You folks are a class act and I hope your project is going to be a benchmark for future development on the island. The road still sucks though. Sorry again.
'Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery'

BTW, what was it that ran over Chris' road before it was dry?
If the person/outfit who did it is known, wouldn't it only be fair (honest) for them to repair the damage? And, hey, if they happen to be able to afford it, wouldn't it be great if they could also match what he did? Even in it's damaged state, the two strips of concrete appear to be preferred by the vast majority of travellers.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.