Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#227155 01/17/07 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hello all... I've been to Belize each of the last 2 years and am thinking of coming back again - for a month this time. In the past it's only been for a week or two so there weren't so many logistical things to think about. I'm not looking at coming again until the fall... probably October (depending on the answer to my first question) but preferrably November (unless the answer to my second question is that it'll be a much more expensive month to rent for).

- My passport is valid until May 2008... is there a minimum number of months it has to be valid for past when you visit? For some reason I think it has to be valid for at least 6 months past the date of the visit, but I'm not sure where I picked this up from. I'm coming from Canada, btw, in case that's even different from any rules for US citizens.

- Accomodations... I know it'll be cheaper to rent an apt for a month than stay in a hotel/resort like I've done in the past. To make sure I'm saving enough, can anyone give a guestimate about the rates around that time of year and for October vs. November. Ideally I'd be looking for something on the beach (or very close to it), furnished, that includes utilities and laundry. For the slow season is it completely unrealistic to think I could get something half decent for $500-$600 US?

I know it's very early to start thinking about this, but if there are passport issues I'll have to work around, I'd rather get a head start.

Thanks.

hi there. It is supposed to be valid for 6 months past the visit date, I recommend renewing it cause you'd have to eventually anyways.

For your price range I'd suggest Coral Reef Villas $600 US for a nice one bedroom and includes utilities and cable. //ambergriscaye.com/coralreefvillas/index.html You are allowed to use Banyon Bay's pool and it is located right behind there. If you want to be closer to town try the apartments right above the post office for $500 US/ month.

Last edited by Kra-Z-K-VIKINGS; 01/18/07 08:38 AM.
Hi there... thanks for the reply and suggestions. I'll definitely keep that website handy and check to see what their availability is in the fall.

As for the passport question... sigh... I was pretty sure it was 6 months. :-( I will have to get a new passport done shortly after this visit, but since it costs us Canadians almost $100 and only last 5 years, I want to keep using my current one for as long as possible to get my money's worth. If I go in October, though, I'll be fine... will have a whole 2 weeks extra to spare.

T
T
try paradise villas, contact nellie's properties for cost quote. if you are staying a month, buy a couple of bikes from castillo's hardware across the street (approx $125 us) and sell them to local san pedranos for half price when you leave or donate them to the local holy cross anglican school(a new school just getting started and providing educational opportunities for kids who can't afford other schools on the island, and doing a wonderful job)for fund raising purposes.
paradise villas is close to everything, and it's well maintained.

Where is Paradise Villas exactly? It sounds familiar, but I can't picture where it is. Also, do you have contact info for Nellie's properties... a website or email?

Also good suggestion about the bike. They're only about $125, huh? Not a bad deal and then I would do what you suggested when it's time for me to leave.

Thanks.

N end of town, 2 props N of cemetary. Next to Phoenix. Check the lodging section above. Contact info there.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Paradise Villas rents for $1000 and $1200 US a month through them and $800-1000 US through private owners.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.