Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
RNdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Today, as it was 11 degrees, I came to this website to daydream about my trip in May. then I think hey let me look at my tickets; Well it seems US AIRLINES decided to cancel my flight out of Belize to my connection home. Although the thought of being stuck on AC is not entirely bad, I need to return. Anyway after being on hold for more than 20minutes, nobody could tell me why the flight was cancelled, nor did they answer my question of why I was not notified. after much complaining they offered me another flight, but Id have to cut my trip short, no way- or stay 2 weeks sounds great, but I cant afford that. I finally gat a refund (after being on hold again-22 minutes) I found another flight in on another airline (Delta). does this happen often? how can they get away with this?

Last edited by RNdiver; 01/21/07 10:09 PM.
i believe that USAirways has ceased their daily flights to BZE. Last year during high season, they came daily. then in slow season, weekends only. They are not actually doing daily again this high season for some reason. i suspect you made your arrangements before they made the business decision not to fly daily....shame for you, but seems it all worked out anyway. enjoy your trip when you finally get to take it! smile

R
RNdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
R
It was a shame, but the flight was on a Sunday.
ARGGHH - I was so mad.

Ever since USAir joined up with that other airline, they just haven't seemed very user friendly! We fly Delta now, too.

K
K
We got a notification a few weeks ago that US Airways was reposesing all our fly miles because we haven't flown on their airline in the last 18 months. It has been impossible to use them based on the fact we live in Belize and they only fly to Belize on weekends and then they cancel half of those.

The airlines are making money now. If a flight is half full, instead of lowering fares, they cancel the flight and let their competition carry their passengers.

All you needed to do, kwalkpt, was make ANY purchase, air/hotel/flowers, ANYTHING with a merchant who partnered with USAir and you would have been OK. Well publicized in their newsletters and in the media.

Are you certain the miles have been re-po'd? Check your account online. I know ppl who were told the same thing and still have them, so they say.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
R
RNdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I think those miles are good till the 30th of this month- there was a blurb in my local paper sunday.

good luck with that.:)

Update:

One drawback to the Dividend Mileage program is that effective January 31, 2007 mileage will expire if the account is inactive for 18 months, even if you have enough mileage for a free ticket. Mileage can be ''re-activated'' for a $50 fee plus .01 cent/mile charge. Also, accounts inactive for 36 months will be completely closed.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
K
K
I kept my US Air miles current by buying a $15 dollar book I wanted from one of their partner merchants..even earned a few miles doing it. My wife and I are returning to AC in April..I'm still shopping for flights. Last 2 trips to AC we paid ~$500pp R/T from Dayton,OH....this year I can't find anything lower than $700pp so far.

S
S
Originally Posted by klcman
Update:

One drawback to the Dividend Mileage program is that effective January 31, 2007 mileage will expire if the account is inactive for 18 months, even if you have enough mileage for a free ticket. Mileage can be ''re-activated'' for a $50 fee plus .01 cent/mile charge. Also, accounts inactive for 36 months will be completely closed.

So order a 1000-1500 mile magazine subscription....
I am happy to say that our last 9 trips to paradise have been by various FF miles. smile

Last edited by sandb; 01/23/07 10:42 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.