Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
OK - we're the auntie and uncle who have no kids and want to show our 13 year old neice around a bit. Her parents (my brother and sister in law) have already had a daughter who's done 3 months in Spain on a school exchange program. Younger daughter hasn't been anywhere out of the country yet.

Any stories from people who've been through something similar? Just to show them it's been done safely by others?

"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessaries." Samuel Langhorne Clemson
5 years ago, my sons were 13 and 16 and we took them to Belize that year. They still talk about it. They had the time of their lives. We stayed at DuPlooy's on the mainland in the rain forest. They swam in the river, canoed, hiked, explored Mayan ruins. We took a day trip to Tikal in Guatamala. The young college aged guide was FABULOUS. He took them on an "off the beaten path adventure" through the park. We then went to San Padro. They played soccer with the local boys, snorkeled, danced, fished, swam with the rays and sharks at Shark Ray alley. She will have the time of her life. You'll be exhausted, but it will be an experience you'll never forget.

K
K
Make sure she knows how much booze she can handle before you get there. You don't want to have to be holding her head over the toilet every night (I remember when I was 13! Teenagers can be so impulsive!)

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
At 13? Please tell me I'm just dense and you're joking.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Otter, while I am sure SeaDreams is planning on much more supervision than KVarner's rather presumptuous post implies, 13 year olds with serious drinking problems are part of my life almost every day.

Thanks law. Not saying it isn't a problem, just that a session on how to hold your liquor is not on my agenda when preparing my 13-year-old for a family trip.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Of course not. My guess is not on Seadreams' either. Haven't quite determined whether KVarner is rude or just something else..... wink

L
L
Seadreams - am interested to know how your niece liked Spain. I am headed there in May for first time. It looks fabulous and I am excited!

Laurie, what part? I've been to Barcelona, Madrid & Majorca.

L
L
Barcelona, Malaga, Sevilla and Madrid - 10 nights. Can't wait to hit the tapa bars. LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.