Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#22779 - 06/02/00 12:53 PM Rent a fishing Skiff
joe winstead Offline
I will be in San Pedro in July and would like to be able to rent a fishing skiff for a few days. If someone could recomend someone or give them my E-mail I would be greatful. calpipes@aol.com

#22780 - 06/02/00 01:13 PM Re: Rent a fishing Skiff
margarita Offline
Due to the reef most places won't rent just the boat, the captain goes too.
We fish with Mr Luz Guerrero, he just got his boat refinished but I think he is booked for July.
What kind of fishing are you interested in?
email me @ mtnash@cc.ysu.edu if you want more info.
Belize it!

#22781 - 06/02/00 11:22 PM Re: Rent a fishing Skiff
oldgator Offline
Joe: We have tried repeatedly to find a boat that we could rent to go fishing on our own around Ambergris Caye. Forget it, it's not going to happen. The big reason is that the people in Belize who have worked hard all their lives to be able to own a boat and motor are not about to let you or me or any one else who does not know the waters take that boat (twice as expensive as in the states) and motor out and tear it up on the reef or another shoal in the area. Also, if you did rent it and then ran it aground damaging the reef, they would never live it down that they were responsible for supplying some non Belizean the means of distroying their countries most valued natural asset.
Forget it, a guide and boat for 1/2 day of fishing is about $125.00 and you will be going where the fish are.
The Oldgator's Homepage

#22782 - 06/03/00 04:05 PM Re: Rent a fishing Skiff
mrdrewsmith Offline
I must agree with the other posts. Boats are not for rent and it is worth the $ to hire a quality guide. After you ride around the west side of Ambergris you'll know why. Good luck.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 106 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,235 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.