Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#228228 - 01/26/07 11:28 AM Dirty laundry
ex,why z? Offline
We might want to consider doing our dirty laundry in a different venue. It can have a negative impact on an otherwise positive experience, as seen below.

San Pedro Daily

Having just returned from San Pedro, I would like to comment on our experience there. Before we arrived, we had concerns over the road situation. Yes, there is a problem with pot holes but that shouldn't keep anyone from coming. In fact, the ride from the airport to our hotel was an experience to remember - joyfully. And the people were so friendly that twice while walking we were offered a ride past the wettest portions of the road. We saw no crime, no spitting (as someone commented), no agressive venders and amazingly no auto/cart/bicycle accidents. What a friendly place where passing strangers, old and young alike, say hello or good morning to you. We enjoyed the water and sealife, the restaurants and bars, the warm weather even when it rains, and the friends we made there. Overall, we had an excellent experience and plan to return soon.
Ashley and Jeri
Sacramento, California

#228229 - 01/26/07 11:31 AM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: ex,why z?]
travelqueen Offline
What does this article have to do with airing "dirty laundry"?

#228231 - 01/26/07 11:33 AM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: ex,why z?]
LaurieMar Offline
Hi Ashley: I think you are the Ashley from my Spanish class. Seems like you had a great time - let's hear more about it!

#228232 - 01/26/07 11:34 AM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: LaurieMar]
Amanda Syme Offline
I like this type of dirty laundry. It is refreshing to have some positive comments.

Does this letter remind anybody of the reasons why they come to the island???

#228234 - 01/26/07 11:42 AM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: Amanda Syme]
ex,why z? Offline
You miss my point.Ashley and Jeri, read all the negatives from this forum and came anyway. After arriving they saw none of the negatives discussed. Their ONLY negative impression of San Pedro was from this forum.

#228239 - 01/26/07 12:23 PM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: ex,why z?]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
I really enjoyed Playa del Carmen, for a weekend. I'm sure if I lived there it would be different. The charm of a new experience can wear thin. Great to hear a positive experience as with most of our visitors. On the other hand, we live here and while a week of potholes is no major issue for a visitor, it is a serious concern for those who live and work here.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

#228256 - 01/26/07 02:14 PM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
Bobber Offline
Some folks look at mud puddles like old people do. Others, the kind of people you will probably find enjoying SP look at mud puddles like kids do. smile
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#228257 - 01/26/07 02:28 PM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: Bobber]
SIN, I believe that's exactly the point I made when all this road discussion began. I'm all for improving the roads, for the health and safety of the residents. But I still have a very hard time believing the failure to do so will keep tourists from coming. Seems the letter posted at the beginning of this post bears that out. As always, just my opinion.

#228264 - 01/26/07 03:03 PM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: ]
hey coooooocoooooooeeeeeee,
i got some dirty laundry for ya!!!!!!!
do you have any change for the washer & dryer?

as with the condition of the road north, potholes will not stop the tourism bucks$$$$$$$
not to worry

#228265 - 01/26/07 03:09 PM Re: Dirty laundry [Re: GAY AND DAVID]
Gay!!! I soooo miss you! frown I don't do laundry - but I'll clean the kitchen!! laugh I'm thinking if you aren't going to come see me, I'm gonna have to inflict myself on you two pretty soon. Time for a phone call this weekend?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 65 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.