Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228500 01/28/07 02:06 PM
OP Offline
I'm planning to be down to the island in April and just wondering how many other fly fishers I would have to compete with for space. When are you coming? Maybe I'll put my trip off if it is going to be too crowded. LOL

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Don you are to funny ,lol. THE BEST JOKE OF THE DAY...

Living The Dream Every Day!
W
W
Don,you will have the flats to your self,wading or by boat as there are plenty of flats for every one.A guide is a must if you haven't fished the flats before as you must beable to see the fish which can be harder than it looks.
Best of luck to you.
email me for referances on fly fishing guides if you like.

OP Offline
CaptJeff, you are right, it was a joke intended to raise a chuckle for some of the locals. It was also intended to be "fishing" for comments from some who may be enroute to San Pedro to do the flats fly fishing thing. I'd really like to know about how many fly fishers visit the island each month. Whowver since there have been no responses from fishermen I would have to guess that I'll be there all alone and all but one fly fishing guide's family will go hungry for the month. Seem likely???

Don the flats,are endless as you know . . There are lots of guys that go ,to flats almost go with a guide as the guides are wonderful and soooooooooooooooo inexpensive.,Never ,but never .crowded ,flats not my thing ,have gone lots to bone fish ,tarpon, permit ,etc. lots of action some days non stop at least on spin . fly can be another story..But all my fishing on spin tackel.tight lines to you good fishing go live the dream...

Living The Dream Every Day!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by captjeff
Don the flats,are endless as you know . . There are lots of guys that go ,to flats almost go with a guide as the guides are wonderful and soooooooooooooooo inexpensive.,Never ,but never .crowded ,flats not my thing ,have gone lots to bone fish ,tarpon, permit ,etc. lots of action some days non stop at least on spin . fly can be another story..But all my fishing on spin tackel.tight lines to you good fishing go live the dream...

I hope that you will bear in mind that it is "Guys Like You" that are truly responsible for my condition of "Addiction" to salt flats fishing. And, also bear in mind that I will use the first oppertunity which presents its self to get even, by forsing you into a flats skiff with an 8weight and giving you no water till you boat a bone fish> LOL LOL LOL Be down soon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.