Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hello everyone!
I am a nurse in the US and am wondering if nurses from other countries are ever hired in Belize. I have been trying to research on the net but have had no luck. I am very interested in this adeventure and finding out all that I can.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

mrsbondee

A
A
Try Peace Corps Volenteers.

There is a shortage in Belize for nurses as in the US. With the proper paperwork, work permits and such, you could probably get work. But I seriously do not think you could live on what nurses are paid here. Most nurses here try to get to the US for the pay.

mrsbondee, I am also a nurse, and have researched this before. The average salary for a nurse, RN that is, is about $12K a year, Belize money. That is $6K US. You can work as a nurse, but have to get all of the typical paperwork/permits in order. I agree with Alan, it may be better to volunteer your services with a mission type organization, based in the US if you want to use it as a tax write off. I did a medical mission, and had a "license" that was valid for one year, but have not tried to renew it.
I would be interested in learning what you find out, if the regulations have changed any in the past five years. Good luck, and please let me know what you find out.
Best Regards,
Susan

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
An Irish friend of mine has been working as a nurse at Loma Luz hospital (in cayo): four 12-hour shifts per week (2 nights, 2 days) and makes US$600/month. Pretty atrocious rates, but that's what nurses make in Central America.

Regarding Alan's suggestion, you cannot practice as a nurse while working as a Peace Corps Volunteer -- even if you are a licensed RN, you'll only be able to do public health/education projects.

C
C
300 bzd a week in wages for Cayo isn't bad at all.

A rn in belize city only makes about 200 belize a week and that is a 6 day work week...it is not a very prestisious job at that in belize..hard work and not much pay..costs u over half your salary just for housing..it isnt like working in us hospital for sure..lack of equipment and you are not able to use all the skills you were trained to do in the us

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.