Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, I am so into coconut water. Coconut water is fat free. (people confuse it with coconut milk which is processed from the coconut itself) It containing more natural electrolyes than Gatorade. It hydrates you faster and has many other benfits.

These are some of the many numerous medicinal properties of coconut water:

Low in Carbohydrates

Low in Fat 99% Fat Free

Low in natural occurring sugar

High in fiber

Keeps the body cool and at the proper temperature.

Contains organic compounds possessing growth promoting properties.

Cures malnourishment.

Effective in the treatment of kidney and urethral stones.

Natural drink for feeding infants suffering from intestinal disturbances.

Excellent oral re-hydration medium, an all natural isotonic for all ages.

Natural diuretic.

Presence of saline and albumen makes it an excellent drink in cholera cases.

Maintains the human body's natural fluid levels.

Aids in the quick absorption of drugs and makes their peak concentration into the blood stream easier because of its electrolytic effect. Similar to the theory of fructose compounding with faster absorption into the cells and body.

Can be injected intravenously in emergency cases.

Found as a blood plasma substitute because it is sterile, does not produce heat, and does not destroy red blood cells and is readily accepted by the body.

Kills intestinal worms.

Aids in keeping the skin from itching, application on the body also helps prevent prickly heat, and summer boils, and helps subside the effects of rashes caused by chicken pox, hives, measles, small pox, mosquito and insect bites.

Helps control body's natural fluid levels to help maintain proper blood pressure, circulation, kidney functions, digestion, and liver functions.

Helps maintain our mental concentration and aids in the prevention of headaches by keeping the body's natural fluid levels maintained and the body properly hydrated. This natural isotonic beverage comes with the same electrolytic balance as we have in our bodies.

Helps in carrying nutrients and oxygen to cells.

Excellent all natural water to drink while Relaxing, Meditating, Driving, Eating, Running, Aerobics, Working, Skiing, Mountain Biking, Exercising, Body Building, Surfing, Fishing, Snow Boarding, Working Out, Surfing, Physical Activities, or Exertion of any kind.

Help prevent bacterial, viral, and fungal infections

Aid the body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS

Helps promote weight loss. Try to drink coconut water as much as possible, Its a natural way to raise metabolism , promote weight loss, and boost the poor circulation ...

Reduces risk of arteriosclerosis and related illnesses

Helps prevent osteoporosis

Helps control diabetes

Promotes bowel movements

Promotes healthy thyroid function

Helps eliminate pinworms

Used in cancer therapy

Helps kill the parasite Giardia Lamblia

Improves digestion

Provides quick energy

Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body

Helps in gallbladder disease

Helps eliminate Candida yeast infections

Inhibits the growth of mycoplasma

Helps eradicate eczema

Helps keep skin soft and smooth

Helps prevent dandruff

Helps prevent premature aging and wrinkling of the skin

Helps prevent skin cancer and other blemishes

Helps prevent dry and chapped skin.
TASTY AND REFRESHING!!

Protein: Coconut water contains small amounts of protein. The percentage of alanine, arginine, cystine and serene in the protein of young coconut water is higher than cows milk. Soymilk is another great source of good protein.
Since young coconut water does not contain any complex proteins the danger of producing shock to the patients is minimized.

Amino Acid Composition of Coconut Water: The following chart shows the percentage of each Amino Acid of the total Protein content.

Amino Acid % of total Protein
Alanine 2.41
Arginine 10.75
Aspartic acid 3.60
Cystine 0.97 - 1.17
Glutamic acid 9.76 - 14.5
Histidine 1.95 - 2.05
Leucine 1.95 - 4.18
Lysine 1.95 - 4.57
Proline 1.21 - 4.12
Phenylalanine 1.23
Serine 0.59 - 0.91
Tyrosine 2.83 - 3.00

All about Coconuts: Cocos nucifera is the scientific name of common coconut. Cocos means "spectre goblin" or "grinning face" and Nucifera means "bearing nuts". This very tall palm tree is always an inviting symbol of the tropics. The coconut palm is widely distributed throughout Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Pacific Region. Its center of origin is still under debate. However, its name was recorded in Sanskrit in early history.

The ripe fruit of the coconut palm has a hard shell covered by a fibrous outer coat and contains an edible kernel with the coconut in the center. The shell itself is lined with a layer of rich white "meat", and the hollow at the center is filled with a thin, slightly sweet liquid that can be used as a beverage. The dried meat, called copra, is then subjected to pressing or extraction. The residue is known as copra meal. People call coconut a variety of names, which reflect its usefulness to societies - Tree of Life, Tree of Abundance, Tree of heaven. Almost every part of coconut palm is used. It is a primary source of food, water, drink, purifier, fluid re-hydration, isotonic, energy, tonic, fuel, soil rejuvenator from the fiber, animal feed, and shelter. Nature provided us with a tree that produces the world's best water.

The Nutritional Values of Coconut Products: This varies according to the different stages of development. The mature coconut is a good source of iron and potassium. Approximately 86% of the calories in coconuts is from the white meat inside the shell and are from fat calories, most of which is saturated fat. But the water of the coconut contains less than 1 %. So the pure coconut water is Cholesterol Free and 99% Fat Free. Young Coconut Hearts: High in calcium and phosphorus and low in fat.

Cool Kra-Z-K -- with cocont milk and bananas, I'll never die!!! smile

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Happy to read this about coconut water.

I have a tree in my backyard and I am having fresh coconut water daily.

Where can one buy coconut water?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

seashell, if you're in Belize you can get it at the supermarket or shops.

The BIG H company that does orange juice, does coconut water too.

it comes in a clear plastic bottle with green label.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, belizegal. I'm wondering if I can get it here at home too.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
the past two months it has been very hard to find in San Pedro, I go to all the stores. Only Richies has been having it and off and on (I think I buy them out!)

As far as finding it in the states it is SUPER hard. Any kind in a can tastes horrible, and Goya (popular spanish brand) carries it with tons of added sugar and pulp, it is discusting. When I was in the states I tried special ordering it from Whole Foods who kept saying they did and would call me the next day and never did. Tried getting it from wholesale distributors as well. I highly recommend if it is not fresh to purchase in a juice box type container, the can makes it taste horrible.
http://www.zico.com/

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
I am surprised health clubs and health food stores do not sell it. Would anyone try it if they were sold next to the gaterades at the gym? They also have flavored ones (mango, orange, lime) but the natural I think is best!

I have seen it in ethnic grocery stores here in the states. Ask for coconut water, not milk.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
The only kind I see throughout the US is coconut water with sugar and pulp added in a can. It is very different tasting with the added sugar and not as beneficial as the pure coconut water. I do think in the west coast you might find it easier than in the east coast as it might be in higher demand in that area.

Keli

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.