Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#228687 01/30/07 02:33 PM
OP Offline
Just came across this...

------------------------------

Caribe Island Resort Becomes One of Only a Handful of Belizean Resorts to Provide Free Wireless Internet

San Pedro, Belize, January 30, 2007 --(PR.COM)-- Caribe Island Resort (http://www.caribeisland.com), on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize, is pleased to announce that a free wireless Internet access point has been installed. The system, which was implemented by NLG Consulting of Belize City, Belize, will cover the entire complex of the resort and will be accessible to all guests of Caribe Island Resort.

"Regardless of whether a guest is in their room or on the beach the guests of Caribe Island will be able to access their email and favorite web sites," said NLG-consulting's technology consultant Niall Gillett.

The installation of the free Internet access makes Caribe Island Resort one of the few establishments in all of Belize to offer Internet access for free to its patrons. "We have always offered free Internet access to our guest at our front desk," said Caribe Island Resort's Managing Partner Doug Hitchens. "Installing a wireless network that guests may use in their rooms was the next step in our goal to make Caribe Island Resort a true five star facility. Offering this service for free puts us one step ahead of the competition," continued Mr. Hitchens.

Caribe Island Resort in Belize is a small complex of condominiums north of San Pedro on the island of Ambergris Caye. All of the condominiums are individually owned by folks that came to San Pedro, Belize and fell in love with the island and its people. These same fun loving owners operate the condominiums collectively as a resort. The Caribe Island condos feature luxury air conditioned suites, fully equipped kitchens, private verandas, cable TV, and now free wireless Internet. All vacationers that stay at Caribe Island Resort receive complimentary airport transfers, dinner shuttle, and usage of the resort bicycles. Guests also enjoy daily maid service, a beautiful freshwater swimming pool, a 300 foot fishing dock, and an onsite beach bar & grill. For online reservations, availability, and more information go to http://www.caribeisland.com or call us at 1-866-578-6378.

About NLG Consulting

NLG Consulting provides independent third-party network security assessments, security policies and procedures, and network performance and architecture analysis for today's business environments. The NLG team is comprised of security, project management, network, and systems professionals. NLG has over 10 years industry experience and are experts at delivering technical information in a way that the end user community can understand and apply.

About Caribe Island Resort

Caribe Island Resort (http://www.caribeisland.com) is located 2.5 miles from San Pedro on the island of Ambergris Caye and was developed in 1995. Caribe Island Resort has been operating continuously as an owner-operated condominium style hotel and luxury resort since that time. Guests to Caribe Island Resort can stay in any of 18 different condominiums within the complex (depending on availability). Caribe Island Resort provides a full range of services and tours including scuba diving, snorkeling and land-based tours of Mayan ruins. For further information regarding this resort you can access the web site at www.caribeisland.com.

Ia Ora Te Natura
E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei
I think this might be dated info - lots of hotels on the island have WiFi now. If you do a search here about Caribe Island you will find more info than you ever wanted about it's "colorful" past.

I agree about the outdated info Barbra, The above thread describes the resort to be located "North" of San Pedro? I May be looking at my map upside down , But I don't think so. I believe the last time I saw Caribe Island (December 2006) it was quite a bit south of San Pedro Town.

That info just popped up on a Google alert yesterday. I dunno how Google searches, but all too frequently they toss out history, rather than the "new stuff" they hype.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
We were booked in at Caribe Island when the "colorful" stuff was happening. We were hoping to stay there with hopes of buying a place. We did not stay and we did not buy. I love the way Caribe looks perfect island resort. I want to try to stay there but I am a bit leary due to what happened in the past.

Has anyone stayed at Caribe Island recently? I would be interested in hearing about the service, facilities, etc. I have not booked anyone there since the "hostile takeover." But I agree, it was a very nice place at one time and hopefully will be, or is, again. One of the best beaches on the island IMO. If you don't want to post, you can email me [email protected]

I LOVED Caribe Island prior to the "hostile takeover" but will not go back because of that exact reason. Heck... I guess I best mail back my favorite room key, I've been lax. HA
I'm still looking for my new place to love on island and will be there soon!

S
S
I hear good things from the folks I talk to who are staying there.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.