Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DonnaF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
One more question about lodging, please. Definately booking today!

If you were choosing between these two - which would you choose and why?

I hate to get lenghty but maybe a bit more info will help all of you help me!

I HATE a TV! My husband however is a news junky!

I LOVE the beach - he thinks the beach is something you walk across to get to the boat.

I can take my collapsable cooler with a few cold beers, a book and park on the beach for hours. He can sit at the bar, bull with the best and watch me lie on the beach.

So you ask? Why are we going to the beach? Well we both love to snorkel, very much like small funky beach towns, need some R&R and we plan to visit Lamanai for a day. But - Not to worry we are splitting half and half (Cayo/Ambergris).

Thanks again for your valued opinions.

Caribbean Villas-the rooms are much nicer and you are surrounded by a bird sanctuary-beautiful

I answered you on the other forum as well but here it is again...you will probably like Caribbean Villas better (nice, quiet, lovely beach) but your hubby would like Exotic Caye better (bar popular with locals & regulars, TV in the rooms)

I love Exotic Caye ~ this Feb. will be our 3rd year staying here. I enjoy sitting on the beach, reading and talking to people walking by, plus I love the bar there, I never miss a happy hour! They do have a above the ground pool for cooling off also.

Coco
C
C
I stayed at Exotic Caye, and visited CV several times. Sure wished I had stayed at CV. Much nicer property, much nicer rooms, and beautiful beach area.
But, I did love Canucks.

D
DonnaF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks all - we are booked at Caribbean Villas. It just got too confusing and I really liked the looks of this place. Love the fact that there is nice gardens, lots of trees, looks a bit unspoiled - hope I am right. We will see.

I am sure we will be trying out the bar and restaurant at Exotic Caye. Looking very forward to a long awaited trip to Belize.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Bar yes. No restaurant at Exotic Caye, though there is Monkey Bites cafe for breakfast and lunch. Your closest decent restaurant will be Casa Picasso, one of the top ones around.

This is a realy great place to eat , in front of Exotic caye on main road. tel 2062021 YEs Monkey bites, just wonderfull ,breakfast , super coffee. fabulous lunch.all home made fresh , good prices .locals eat there .Nice couple own it now.. Just wonderful try it .You will be hooked..Enjoy your stay on island and live the dream ..

Last edited by captjeff; 01/31/07 02:44 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.