Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Hey everyone-
You all helped me sooo much when I was planning my July honeymoon a few months ago. It is still a few months away ...ok, actually a half a year away. But I finally have a lull at school and I was wondering if you could help me answer a few questions.

We are staying on Caye Caulker for the first 3 nights at Seaside Cabanas and then coming to Ambergris for 7 nights at Victoria House.

here are my questions:
1. What do I bring? Any must takes? I hate packing too heavy, but it is hard for 10 days because when I haven't been to a place I tend to over pack. Plus Seaside doesn't have towles so I must bring my own and those things are bulky. And-is there a place I could do laundy one day so I don't need as much?

2. Does anyone know about safes for valuables at seaside? I know VH seems pretty safe.

3. What should we bring for funds?..cash, travelers checks, mix, credit cards ?

4. I am a middle school teacher in the US. I would love to bring some school supplies to donate to the isalnd. Could I do that? and also, I thought about having my students write letter to the children there. Would this be appropriate? are they in school in July? What might the children of the island need that I could pack in my luggage.

5. Any other recomendations? Must sees, etc?

Thank you soo much for your help. I love reading this board and dreaming about being there. Please do not feel like you must answer all of these questions :o)

;0)
That is a curious itinerary you have planned for you honey moon. 3 days in a rustic environment followed by 7 days of luxury. Nothing wrong with that, just curious.

The schools will be closed in July but there are plenty of places to still drop off supplies and letters.

There is a huge wishlist posted on this board from a fledgling elementary school in dire need of assistance.

Will think of more responses.

Laundry--most places will have it done for you at a reasonable cost, or the maids will do it right there. Just ask.

Money--we have found a mix works best. Credit cards for larger stuff, cash, particularly $20's and $1's, lots of $1's. Traveler's Checks (AMEX) for when the power or phones are out.

A
A
S.P.H.S. has a wishlist on their link.

Alan

the only somehwat unsusal packing item I can think of is a flashlight. Other than that my advice is --

a)go ahead and pack everything
b)remove half the clothes
c)double the cash
d)enjoy!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
ziplocs laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 197 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.