Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A rod helps. Line is a toss-up

Never Use money to measure wealth
Rykat,here we go ,yes fly fishing is for ,sissies and is boring.just my opinion.What do you think ????? having said that ,some of my best friends fly fish?????? Wait a second ,some are fly fisherpersons ,And some are good looking women? who love to fly fish .? And who love live the dream.do I make any sense,here???????

Last edited by captjeff; 02/03/07 02:36 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I think I got ya Capt Jeff. I always thought of fly fisherman as wusses too. Have done a bit of it past few years, caught a lot of fish but just can't get into it. It's not the "more finesse" part, I just find it boring. One challenge left on fly and that is a permit(tarpon, not bad. bonefish, dull...caught one ya caught em all. billfish, interesting challenge..once is enough). Let me get a permit and I'll hang that fly rod up to collect dust(where it belongs). JMHO!!!

You callin me a sissy Jeff mad, Well I never.... blush, Whoops, Nevermind I didn't read the part about your best friends and love to live the dream.....I forgive you Sweetie wink

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
OP Offline
No Denny,, as I shall forthwith explain. Also, to provide a glimmer of enlightenment to those who are still in the thought process of trying to complete Rykats sentence, I offer the following in its completion. "In my opinion, fly fishing is for.... the conservationist/sportfisherman. The conservationist part should not be confused with the term 'conservative', or liberal for that mater. It probably should be noted at this time that flyfishers, for the most part, are graduates of many of the schools of hard knocks that continue to plague the 'less fortunate, less schooled' undergraduates of the fishing sports. The flyfisher has achieved the level of sportsman/ conservationist that the mere hungry, meat fisher, bait chunker wishes to attain. LOL LOL LOL ROTFLMAO

I hope that you may find a little humor in this, as was intended.
I enjoy the flats in Belize partially because there seems to be measures taken to ensure the long term viability of the sport fishery there. I hear that places in Mexico dynamite schools of tarpon for the fish market. That policy can't last. See some of you soon.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Don is so right I have sined .I feel so bad..Don will try again the fly .Even That I have no skill ,And will hook my self in the butt < will cast, and cast ,lots ,Even into the wind ,and the fish will laugh at me but will try again ,As I love the sport of fishing...........LOL>LOL>LOL>.all jokes aside,The fly does take lots skill I have none.....Go enjoy..tight lines to you and good fishing.. live the dream ever day...

Living The Dream Every Day!
OP Offline
Captain Jeff,,, to you I offer absolution and complete forgiveness. But to the rest of you untallented SINNERS,,, fess up,,, you are just jealous. ROTFLMAO

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hate to be repeteteteteetive but...catch one bone on fly, you've caught em all.
Now a sail on 6 lb spin, that's a challenge.
10 lb Mutton on 10 lb bait cast
25 lb Black (grouper) 12 lb bait cast.
MEAT HOUND FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
Fly Guys???? 5 lbs sunblock, white layer of zinc on the nose, Wusses.

OP Offline
Rykat,, That's funny. You got me on that one. Zink on the noses. ROTFLMAO

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.