Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#229288 02/04/07 10:12 PM
Micks Offline OP
OP Offline
Me and my friend just came up with a supposedly brilliant idea.. We're thinking about taking our car and drive it down through Mexico, CA and SA then back to CA and spend a lot of time in Belize this summer before heading back to the US. Has anyone done this? Is it safe? I know I definitely wouldn't need a car in Ambergris Caye, is there any place I could securely park it in Belize City?

Go over to www.belizeforums.com there have been several discussions and the best directions to take. Parking in Belize City itself is not a good idea for a day let alone a week or two.

I think someone posted on this some time ago. It's a serious road trip, kinda like the BAJA 1000. If your set up like that..then sounds like a blast! Fuel costs would be a consideration. Try a search for "Driveing". You might be able to pull the old report up.
Good Luck...

Via Con Dios!

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
JZB Offline
There are people in Belize City that will store your car for you in their yard and you pay them to watch over it. That would be your best bet.

JZB #229315 02/05/07 10:59 AM
Micks Offline OP
OP Offline
We just did a lot more research on this and decided not to do this. Potholes a la carte!

We'll just fly to Mexico and take buses/little planes to wherever in CA, making Belize our final destination.

Thank you so much for your responses.

K
K
I wouldn't dare to drive a car through Mexico, let alone other parts of CA and SA. You are almost guranteed to meet with some guys with guns who decide that your car is going to be their next sweet ride. Baaaaad idea. Fly, bus, whatever, but don't drive!

Crocs are BAAAAAAAAAAAD
C
C
I've done it and wouldn't recommend it even if you're fluent in Spanish. You're wise to just take the bus.

B
B
We have driven down and back. We loved it and will drive down again next year.
Coming back we spent 5 dyas in Chiapas, which was incredible.

Lots of check points, but we were always treated with respect.

Everywhere we went people were welcoming and helpful.

Toll roads are in excellent condition and we have driven US, Canadian and Belize roads, of which some were not much better than Mexican roads.

Potable water was available everywhere, food was delicious and hotels were every bit as clean as anywhere else.

Brigitte

KV - what in the hell are you smoking????????

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Mushrooms?

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.