Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Most of the kids that I know that were adopted were not "in the system." It is a little nerve wracking and certainly Belizean parents are often preferable. But the orphanage in Belize city has about 60 kids that would desperately love to have a home and a family environment.

Foster parents are often more needed than adoptive parents.

We have found that there are quite a few immigrants that are willing to give up their kids - in the hopes that the children will experience a much more stable life than the one the biological parents can provide.

Belize has really been trying to increase their pool of foster parents over the last year. But as Amanda said, those kids are already in the system and as much as you fall in love with them, Belize is not predisposed to adoption to non Belizean families.

Sad

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

P
P
We always need volunteers at the public library. We run a summer program that focuses on environmental issues. We do art classes and day trips. Have story telling and tutoring. It is a great way to work with local members of the community

I am curently in the process of buying a house with my friend who qulifies for the QRP(qulified retired persons/program) but I am to young all my housing and board will be provided for me, my question is can I get a self employed work permit and volunter for say the saga socity or somthing like that and still meet the requriments for the self employed work permit? Also can I sell antiques on e-bay and meet the requriments? Any info will be of great help.

Last edited by cherylvalentine; 12/14/07 02:48 AM.

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
Are you coming in under the QRP with your friend or as a separate person? If you are separate it is possible. You might want to contact SAGA ahead of time and maybe they can be of help.

i will be coming in as a separate person as we aren't related.

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.