Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#229294 02/05/07 01:17 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Planning a trip in June --adult trip

Interested in finding a place with:
Clean room, King bed preferably-Queen acceptable, "belize charm" accomodation v. U.S. condo type- but Ocean Front, reliable A/C must, good pool, good beach, great beach/water bar (or close "walking" access to such)-->views/low key preferable, reasonably priced, friendly/helpful staff. Internet access (DSL or other HS)-->"free" or reasonable priced.

With that said, we don't hang around the (accomodation) that much so need "Easily" accessible to San Pedro--which is what I believe keeps us south and finally a convienent "jumping" point for fishing trips, Lamanai trip, snorkel trip.

Have looked at several, Ramon's or Victoria (Casita's) seem close to what I'm looking for but seem "large".

Would be greatful for confirmation and/or alternatives.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Banana Beach has everything you are looking for. You can get anything from a basic room w/ bath to a suite w/ full kitchen. Breakfast is included, good air conditioning, 2 pools, a travel shop on site to help arrange tours, which will pick you up at the hotel, restaurant and bar on site.

#229305 02/05/07 09:25 AM
You don't mention "cost". If this is an issue some of us look for places that allow us to spend our vacation $ on the "fun" stuff.
If you don't plan on spending much time "hanging around the accomodation" you might want to stay a little closer to town. Literally all the resorts provide the "jumping off point" you require. Some shopping around might be in order. Use the "Lodging"
links provided. Pretty tough to make a bad lodging decision in SP!
If you like to walk sometimes closer is better.

Here is a map of San Pedro.. http://www.xanaduresort-belize.com/map.html

You're better off at Ramon's. Banana Beach (el divino on the map) is way south of town and if you like walking a lot, go for it. It took me about 45 minutes to get to town from Banana Beach via the beach.

Micks #229328 02/05/07 11:53 AM
H
H
We're looking for a place in June as well. We were under the impression that Banana Beach is quite a distance from San Pedro. Isn't this true? I tried to view the above map but I'm just starting the planning of our 7-night stay!

Here is a much much better map of the hotels surrounding San Pedro and the heart of town.

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

Micks #229340 02/05/07 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Banana Beach is about a 25 minute walk from town - a very nice walk on the beach!

#229349 02/05/07 01:04 PM
Some of those places are pegged on Goggle Earth and Wikimapia sites.

K
OP Offline
K
Thank you above for the information.

Micks: Agree, the 2nd map is the better one and the one I have been primarily working from.

Richard: "cost" of those I've named are in the $250 per night range, taxes, etc.etc including a breakfast. Wondering if something meeting the criteria above is not available in the $175 to $200 area or has an "offsetting" special with tours, food, bar etc to bring it effectively into this arena. The thing I forgot to add is a refridge in room.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
katch-n-release(personally prefer katch and filet) Don't miss checking out the Palms - great rooms with kitchens, perfect locale and you can have breakfast 150 feet away at Ramon's (just north of Ramon's, close to town, perfect IMHO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.