Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
It is shaping up to be an exciting year at your town library. After spending last year developing computer services, we will now focus on updating our reference section. To kick off this drive, we are planning a radiothon on March 3rd. We want to showcase local musicians, poets, and writers. Call the library for more information. I will also be updating you all on this board. Come and check out our collection and READ!!!!!!

Glad to see the library here on the message board. It is a fantastic service to the community and this radiothon sounds like it is going to be HUGE. I know I spent my childhood hidden away in the library and having been to visit the library on San Pedro I can see that lots of kids here do the same. It is an absolute haven.

If you haven't been to visit the library yet, do go. It is a real credit to San Pedro. Just note the sign in the children's area 'no getting fresh, no teasing, flirting or courting'.

Seriously though, the kids in all the schools depend on the library so please support it in any way you can. They also provide free tutuorials for children. Support your public library!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

One of the first things we did when we got our apartment here was to get Library cards.

It is a great place and I enjoy sitting on the balcony watching the world go by.

Anyone who brings books to read while away that is a great place to donate when you are done vacationing, or if you have spare children's books at home that are not being used.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
The library has held a special place for me since my first trip. They do need books, but they need a lot more. It is incredible what they've been able to do with such limited resources. As Colly said, kids from every school on the island use the library and for many it is their only access to computers. If you're interested in helping, email the library for a list of current needs. I know the one thing they are always in need of is printer cartridges - they are almost impossible to find there, expensive when they can be found, and they don't take up much room in your luggage! wink

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the kind words. If anyone is or knows of people who would like to be showcased on the radio, please call the library at 206 2028 or cell 622 9151.We would love to have representatives of all walks of Belizean life. Great news, the Town Council has just informed us that they will be placing collection containers about town for people to drop donations into. We need books with a focus on kids and reference materials.We need musicians, poets and readers for March 3rd as well.

S
OP Offline
S
Good news for the Radiothon. Some generous donors have offered door prizes. We will sell tickets for the chance to win. We will be announcing specific prizes as we proceed but start with a day of sailing for 4 people as well as another prize of a week at The Palms for 2. If you are able to offer a trip or something special, we would be very appreciative. There will be storytelling, great music, and lots of fun. Not to mention the incredible bake sale. See you then.

When can we start buying tickets?

mmm bake sale sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

S
OP Offline
S
The library will be part of the Boogie in Belize event next weekend . We are going to have a booth to sell books and some baked yummies. We would also love for people to being us any books that they have already read that could be donated and put on the shelves. The radiothon is getting very exciting with reggae, rap, and rock musicians volunteering to participate. And being a library, we love to educate, so the famous Belizean archeologist, Jaime, Awe will also be speaking about the Maya of Ambergris Caye.The bakers are psyched to get to work as well.

I can't wait. I think we all forget how important libraries are to the community.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

S
OP Offline
S
To any of you traveling to Belize, if you have any room at all in your suitcase, pack some children's books or a dictionary ( any book you can get your hands on really) and drop it off at the library. Your local library will usually send some books with you as well. Thanks from the San Pedro Town Library.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.