Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229829 02/10/07 12:35 PM
OP Offline
Coming over from Scotland for a diving holiday 22nd feb to 2nd march. I have booked a days sea fly fishing to break up the trip. Never done sea fly fishing before. What can I expect? Type of fish? Do they put up lots of fight. Are they edible? Using local company GO fish Belize, guide name of Abner. Anyone know Abner? Just trying to get a heads up on what my experience may be like. I will enjoy anyway as most fishing in Scotland is done in dreich rainy conditions.

W
W
Great flats fishing down here,Bones,Permit if you're lucky,Tarpon hang on for a ride,baracuda strong fish and can be good eating,Snook at the right times of the year.Abby is one of the best FF guides I've fished with in SP also his father Carlos and brother Emir.Best of luck and most important ENJOY!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I hear those Sea Flys put up one heck of a fight especially on #3 thread!?! Have fun!!!
Seriously, pound for pound if your just lookin for a fight hook into a couple of jacks. They are easy to catch and fight like hell (no good for eating though) A big cuda will give you a pretty good tussle also, a bit trickier to catch. Permit would be the top prize.

#229853 02/10/07 11:15 PM
S
S
We'd better get notice out to the locals here! They've been eating jacks forever...and didn't know any better.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.