Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
I have a family of six that is traveling to Belize for the FIRST time next year, 1/2/08 - 1/12/08. It is my wife, myself & (4) 19 - 25 yr. old kids. Can't decide between Caye Caulker & Ambergris. Both seem nice. I need help deciding from those that have been there or are living there.

Here is what I need to help make a decision:
1. Nightlife for the kids
2. Not too remote (if north of town, not too far)
3. Would prefer beachfront.

Direct e-m if you like: [email protected]

Thanks for any input, Steve

Don't ask me no questions,
I'll tell you no lies!
Hon Offline
We brought 3 kids, 24 - 27 y.o. to San Pedro this year and the kids had a great time.

I could make a recommendation for accommodation but first, how many bedrooms/bathrooms do you need? Do you need a house or will a big condo do?

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
L
OP Offline
L
House preferrably, minimum of 3 bedrooms, 2 baths.
Codo could work, might need two though.
A place with a pool to sipp drinks next to would be a big plus.
Maybe the twin condo idea would help in that respect.

I'll tell you no lies!
Hon Offline
Sorry, I can't think of a three bed, two bath beach front house with a pool. I'm sure someone else will be along to help.

i don't know about caye caulker for nite life... but i do remember them have a beach type party! but i don't know again if that was just that nite or if that's always going on...

as for AC well... there's plenty of nite life to keep anyone busy! it's well rounded and good for all crowds! live bands, top 40, reggae, reggaeton... lounge type places and discos! the list kinda goes on... put it this way if i brought my parents to AC i know that we would all have a good time at nite just based on that there is a different scene for everyone!

No pools, but have you looked at Caye Casa or Casa Caracol?

With pool, Oasis del Caribe. Has 2 bedroom, 2 bath but large units, probably with a sofa bed in the living area.

With pool, Paradise Villas, rent up and down units that can be connected.

All of the above are beachfront, though the first two actually are right on the beach, where as Oasis, is apartment type towers set back a bit and Paradise Villas units will depend on which ones you were to end up in.

Last edited by seashell; 02/11/07 02:32 PM.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hon Offline
I was thinking about Casa Caracol too http://www.casacaracol.com/index.htm but no pool except the big salty one just to the east smile

We stay at Oasis. The front units are way too small for 6 adults IMO. You'd need 2 and that would be pretty pricey. Some of the units don't have pullouts and Number 1 only has one bathroom.

S
S
If you want the best beach and best 3bed on the island: www.grandcolonyvillas.com

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for all the feedback. Still looking, though Casa Caracol seems to fit the bill & budget the best, so far. I have to get away from the screen, starting to go bug-eyed. Please keep suggestions coming, I'll check out all recommendations.

I'll tell you no lies!
Steve,
Check out Banana Beach Resort on SP,it's south of town. They offer a free breakfast every morning and have two pools and a very good restaurant on the grounds.
You will also save a few bucks with their many different options of rooms to fit your families needs and it's on the beach.
My wife and I have stayed there twice and found it to be a great place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.