Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#230056 02/12/07 10:02 PM
OP Offline
I saw these in a trip report- don't know how old the report was:

1)Rojo Lounge
2)Riverside Bar
3)Hammock House

Tried the search function with no results. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.If you know, if you can locate them by proximity to something on the Wikimapia thing, it would help.

Thanks. We are coming in June, and there are so many things to try !!!!

Hammock house is closed.
Rojo is an AMAZING place, and sitting on the red sofas outside TRULY IS a Corona commercial...its ridiculously gorgeous!
Riverside isnt really a bar i spend a lot of time in...just a bar.

I wouldn't call Rojo Lounge a bar. To me that's like calling the Top of the Mart a bar. They do serve drinks and you can go and just have drinks - but that would be a shame as they have the most incredible food. We usually linger over dinner about three hours. It is fine dining - the best.
Try doing your search for Azul Resort - Rojo is located there.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Scubalady -you would not have a clue what a good bar is-

1. you have to visit every bar to have an opinion

2. fortunately you have not visited Pedro's

Riverside-I love it when ur in the mood for a more hidden bar to play pool or just chill out. However never even knew of it as a tourist and don't think it's such a fun touristy bar. I have never seen another tourist there and not tons of activity there.

OP Offline
Can someone tell me where Riverside is located ?

I think Azul and Rojo are located on the beach north of the cut..how far past the cut ? Is going in a golf cart from south of the airport strip (Zanadu) an option ?

OP Offline
Kra-z... you say Riverside is not a tourist bar... does that mean tourists would not be welcomed there ? I am definitely not above going to a pool hall in rural SC- can't get more local than that !

eric
you can absolutely go to riverside. its not that you wouldnt be welcomed there, it is belize after all...you just will certainly stand out...

as for Rojo, nope, cant get there by cart. Someone help me with the miles, but isnt it like, 4.5 miles north? i think thats what jeff told me. they have a boat that can take you, or you can take the water taxi. its not a cheap place to eat or drink, however....it is ABSOLUTELY worth every penny just to meet jeff, see the grounds, and enjoy everything they have put together up there. its magnificent.

OP Offline
ok, so where is this Riverside???????

oh no, I am sorry if that was misunderstood. Yes, exactly what Lara said. You can go there of course! I just meant I had never heard of it as a tourist and know why. I have never seen a tourist there when I have gone. YOu would be more than welcome there. It is on the lagoon side, near lots of housing around it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.