Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229966 02/11/07 10:52 PM
OP Offline
This may be premature but, we are planning a big bash for Feb 10th to 16th 2008.
I will be celebrating my 75th birthday on the 11th and a close friend will be turning 50 on the 13th.
We are looking at places to invade with maybe 20 to 50 people.
Most want either "all inclusive" or at least breakfast included.
I personally prefer to eat in all the wonderful local establishments.
We want to be close to town, and I have suggested "Ramons" and "Paradise", but I was wondering if anyone has organized this type of "party" and has any other suggestions.
This group has been known to quaff a few brews or kegs of rum and really know how to party (in a refined way LOL).
Any help would be appreciated.

there are no all-inclusives in belize and i've been told that Banana Beach i think it is serves breakfast for free if i'm not mistaken... but it's about a 20 min or so walk into town from there!

D&B - Hey how are you both? I hope well.

Well, I know you both have been to AC before - so, I think that perhaps Banana Beach with its great breakfast would suit most of you although a bit further from town than you wish to be. They certainly can accommodate that size group best. There are always tradeoffs... I'm sure it will be a smashing time! laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
OP Offline
Thanks Gella;
We are fine,, how 'bout you???

JZB Offline
Banana Beach would be a great place, but out of town. The only large capacity types around town are Aquamarina (if they are still in business), Mayan Princess, Maybe Paradise Villas for a smaller group and you would have to contact more than one rental company, I don't know how many rooms the Coral Beach Hotel has but they do offer a meal plan and cheap rooms, and the Belize Yacht Club (but you know what most people think of that place).

**I am not recommending any of these places, just making suggestions.**

Banana Beach would be able to house your group and does have breakfast included. Ramon's has breakfast plans as well. Sunbreeze or Holiday Hotel might be good choices but no breakfast included. Lots of places to choose from, especially if it is 20 and not 50 people, but most do not include breakfast. But I bet you could make a deal with any hotel that has a restaurant on site to make you a package which would include breakfast.

I've always thought it would be great fun to completely rent out The Blue Tang with a group. As Barb said, I'm sure they'd work out a package for you, perhaps breakfasts at Wet Willy's?

If you had more people than could fit into Blue Tang, you could rent some units at Paradise Villas too or for those that have a more modest budget, they could lodge at The Tides.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Blue Tang has a good continetal breakfast, coffee, oj, fruit, pastry, and a new waffle machine. they also have free water on every floor & a new deck on top of the 3rd floor with amazing views. close to 2 big grocery stores.
Been there last 5 trips & Fanny & the staff are amazing

Last edited by J DOG; 02/14/07 08:41 AM.
OP Offline
Wow;
Thanks,all for the ideas, keep em coming.
We're lookin' at them all.
A n t i c i p a t i o n ! ! !

I send a group to Blue Tang every year and they really do a great job with them - providing BBQ grills, welcome parties, etc.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.