Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#23025 - 06/14/00 04:35 PM Conch Fritters & Lobster
Angela Offline
We have read messages about the wonderful conch fritters and were looking forward to stuffing ourselves. But I read somewhere that both lobster & conch are seasonal. We will be in AC July 15-22, will we be able to find conch, and how long does lobster season last?

#23026 - 06/15/00 11:01 AM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
You'll be there when lobster is in season (mid-June through mid-Feb) but conch will be out of season (conch is in season Oct-June).

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#23027 - 06/17/00 03:58 PM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
Marty Offline

#23028 - 01/29/01 11:59 AM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
Debbie Offline
. More info!!

#23029 - 01/30/01 02:29 PM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
lmarquis Offline
Unfortunately, we will not be there during lobster season as our trip is in early May. But. . .I think I will be able to live with conch fritters and shrimp.

#23030 - 01/31/01 12:43 AM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
Marty Offline
gawd i love conch fritters. with a limeade.

#23031 - 01/31/01 01:22 AM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
TexasDawg Offline
Just got back last nite from where I did not want to leave. I was fortunate enough to experience the taste of both lobster and conch strips while in San Pedro. Before I got to try them though, TexasCat and I toured the Cayo district and tried many of the native foods there. I especially enjoyed the escabeche but found that in EVERY restuarant on EVERY table was Marie Sharp's hot habanero sauce (as available as salt and pepper) and I found a new food source that I can't do without. I put it on everything especially the (frogleg chewy) conch. Being a native Texan I crave the hot, but I think that the 5 large bottles of the sauce that I brought home will not last me more than a couple months. We really enjoyed our (too short) vacation there and meeting Sandshaker.
Had a great time at Fido's last Friday nite! Diving wuz tough on me Sat. morning though.
Hope to get back there and meet more of you message board junkies soon! I'm sure that TexasCat (C.A.T. is her initials) will have more to say on the board about her travels in Belize when she gets the chance. Really loved the show at Fidos from Barefoot Skinny as well. Can't wait till we get back!!!!!

#23032 - 01/31/01 10:30 AM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
Debbie Offline
Ditto Marty!!!
Best lunch in the world! Will you be down there in June? Would love to meet you for lunch.

#23033 - 02/01/01 03:07 PM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
Beenznrice Offline
I can't wait for my trip to AC. I will be there for ten nights in the first week of July. Unfortunately, I will not be there for Conch season but I do have one advantage that makes me feel better about that. My Father and his whole side of the family are from Belize! Thank God because I get to eat the great Belizean food year round. Conch fritters and rice and beans are my absolute favorite. I can't wait to go to AC so I can eat them where my father once did. He's from the mainland and I will be going there for a few days to see where he grew up. CAN'T WAIT!

#23034 - 02/01/01 05:39 PM Re: Conch Fritters & Lobster
Marty Offline
I be there in June. can't wait. late june, my wife's school gets out like the 17th or so, hope to be wiggling my toes in the sand soon thereafter.

would be delighted to meet you for lunch, Debbie!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (lovey and thurston, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,207 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.