Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Monkeys are indeed wild animals and unpredictable. There is no such thing as a pet monkey, just an immature one. Same applies to racoons. The really bad thing about this, assuming it's been reported fairly, is the attitude of Maruba.

Well said.

Hon Offline
It's worth noting that many tourists visit places like Maruba Spa specifically to interact with interesting/different/exotic/wild animals. They are often seduced by pictures, like the ones posted above, into thinking that this interaction is safe, harmless fun.

Although what happened to this woman is horrific and Maruba's reaction deplorable, hopefully it serves as a warning of the possible outcome of these 'adventures'.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
S
S
Tip of the day: Don't blame the crocs when you feed them and they bite your face off. Please don't post, "Never trust a croc", now that would be a crock!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Where do can you read about this aside from myspace.com, anyone know?

RMT, wink

You can read more about it at the website of one of my local television station.

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/5518476.html

Yes, she lives in the same town as me so it got quite a bit of play on the news around here. Everyone I know made sure they let me know about this before I went down in February. Of course, these are also the people who warn me to stay out of the ocean for fear of shark and ray attacks.

PLEASE GIVE ME A RECORD OF YOUR BELIZEAN SPIDER MONKEY'S IMMUNIZATION HISTORY!!!! please.....

will they want licenses for every monkey in the jungle?

i spent a couple hours recently in a cage with a spider monkey. the first hour was great, lots of fun playing and enjoying petting and goofing around. and the last hour was too as long as i didn't try to leave. soon as i would try to leave the monkey went ape shit and would bare its fangs. bit me a couple times on the face. when it bit me i decided i didn't really need to leave. when a monkey goes bonkers, go with the flow of the monkey . don't try to force your agenda. your agenda goes out the window or cage as the case may be.

settle down, back to friends, all is groovy if you let them have their way. kissy kissy rub rub. when they get even slightly bored with you, their new toy, get the heck out FAST.

but until that moment, let them have their way and be ready. don't go against the monkeys wishes or you will get torn up. i had two small scrapes on my face, one bled for awhile. but once he did that i quit trying to get out from under him. he had me super wrapped up in arms legs and tail. i had no more damage to me as long as i let him call the tune.

as soon as he shifted his weight off me just slightly i bolted hard right and he hit the ground and i was out that door very fast. folks said they didn't realize i could move so fast.

wink

i guarantee if push had come to shove i could have kicked that monkeys ass. big time. they aren't that big. if you don't mind beating up the monkey. but i didn't even consider that. grew up quaker, non violent, all that stuff. and my friend didn't want his monkey whipped either i bet.

Maruba Resorts Insurance in Belize paid for all
her medical bills and took her to the private hospital
for treatment while she was in Belize.

S
S
I think you should have spanked the monkey!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
D
D
but...but...i thought all of latin america was a u.s. petting zoo...

this is one of the most pathetic reactions i have ever heard of. even by nebraskan standards.

"possibly DIE" from blood loss?

dear lord, how did you have the energy to write all this and go to the media and contact the embassy and get a lawyer?

"They are basically bullying me to the point of dropping my pursuit for justice."?

typical american sense of "justice"

"we're not safe by any means"

so? i recommend you stay home, disconnect all electricity, gas, don't eat any food you don't produce yourself...

"The US Embassy has also been contacted in Belize"

i'm quite sure they are rolling their eyes.

"But who's going to protect us (US citizens) that visit their country daily and basically with out us visiting and spending our money there - they wouldn't have a need for any fancy resorts."???

right. if only those poor third world people hadn't been colonized and shat on forever maybe you'd be the one with the spider monkey and they'd be the arrogant victim-pricks coming to visit.

WRITE THEM AND TELL THEM HOW WRONG THIS IS! IF IT WASN'T FOR PEOPLE FROM THE US VISITING THEM THEN THEY WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST.

actually, they would, and they'd probably be a hell of a lot happier.

i know a 70+ year old woman who went to galapagos with a group of similarly aged folks to take a multi-day cruise around the islands. the boat had been modified to carry more people than it should have and during the night it capsized. more than half the tourists on the boat died. everyone related to them sounded just like this person does and wanted blood.

and you know what they did? they decided as a unit not to do anything at all. suing the operators wasn't going to bring anybody back and they all knew it was just going to doom another group of families to worse poverty than they were already living in.

what an amazing response for u.s. citizens.

by the way, i get a lot of blood and tissue all over the place every time i shave.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.