Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#230253 - 02/15/07 07:39 AM Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa)
seashell Offline

#230257 - 02/15/07 02:46 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: seashell]
Inplub Offline
Was the monkey put down ie killed?

#230258 - 02/15/07 03:01 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: Inplub]
Seachange Offline
She posted pictures of the bite marks that look pretty horrific. I assume she signed a release, but, here in the US the spa might still be liable due to ignoring the monkey's predilection to bite. "Every dog gets one bite" would probably apply to "pet" monkeys. Nevertheless, you are assuming a certain amount of risk when you go into the jungle in another country. Interesting in terms of the legal issues but a really awful thing to have happened on vacation.

#231158 - 02/28/07 06:15 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: Seachange]
KVarner Offline
Wow, that really sucks. I'm not sure what kind of justice she expects the US embassy to be able to help her get. I think the only thing she can do is sue the resort in a Belizian court. The monkey should be killed because it is a danger to other people.

#231163 - 02/28/07 07:20 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: KVarner]
Nova Offline
Ok, lemme get this straight. We take an animal out of it's natural habitat, make it a "pet" and expect it to behave according to "human" standards, are shocked when it acts like an animal, then kill it as punishment. Makes no bloody sense to me.

#231171 - 02/28/07 08:22 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: Nova]
PeterC Offline

These are pictures of me at Maruba. When we were there about five years ago there was a howler who was a real pain and this spider who was the sweetest thing you could imagine. She cried and pouted when I tried to leave her. It was heartbreaking. I hope this wasn't the same monkey.
Peter

#231175 - 02/28/07 09:12 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: PeterC]
travelqueen Offline
Ooooo la la...

#231182 - 02/28/07 10:38 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: travelqueen]
Happy Birthday Sir Isaac Newton Offline
Never trust someone who keeps animals in captivity, the monkey is a wild animal and can't be blamed.

#231184 - 02/28/07 11:02 PM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
RMT Offline
TQ ,I trust you are not checking out da' monkey.....

#231197 - 03/01/07 01:16 AM Re: Never trust a monkey . . .(Maruba Spa) [Re: RMT]
Sun&sand Offline
Such a shame. We were at Maruba, and Poncho came up to me with his arms up, and wanted me to pick him up, which I did, and he gave me little kisses. This was four or five years ago, so maybe he's gotten old and cranky, or maybe he was upset over something. I'm so sorry your experience was so awful. We rode the horses, and my husband almost got thrown off, but fortunately managed to hang on. I am pretty experienced on horseback, so I didn't think anything of it until we got back to the lounge and he told me how upsetting it was. I guess Maruba needs to take a long look at how they are treating their patrons. Please don't use Maruba as a model for the rest of Belize. There are so many positive experiences there, this is not the norm..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (ron, Marty, dabunk, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.